15.7 cu ft chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jah

Reaction score
i found a 15.7 cu ft chest freezer on craigs list for $50. the add says it is in perfect working condition. has anyone used a freezer of simular stature. i want to build a keezer that resembles an old tavern bar with an antique beer tower. any suggestions?

I have a 13cu and it provides quite a bit of room, you should be happy with 15.7. Have you searched the DIY section yet?

There are some great projects. Most just go with a simple collar for keezers but it sounds like you might want to take some of the kegerator conversion threads to heart if you want to go with a tower. I personally wouldn't want to do anything but a simple collar as I'm going to keep the freezer dual purpose (serving and fermentation on and off).

well i recently purchased this bad boy. any recommendations on the best way to capitolize on it?

IMG_0108.jpg

Jah said:
well i recently purchased this bad boy. any recommendations on the best way to capitolize on it?

IMG_0108.jpg

I'd say the best way would be to build a whole new house around it... its gorgeous!

Damn. That thing is hot :ban:

You are definitely going to have to keep it cool...there are some great writeups...just got to look. I'd suggest going big with that thing, panel out the sides of the chest freezer in wood, do a nice butcher block top, maybe supplement it with some additional taps.

Back