Leaving Beers On Primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJasonT

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have two IPAs in my fermenters now. They were brewed on 2-17 and have been in primary since. I'm waiting on my tax refund to get my kegging setup, but that could be another 3-5 weeks. I could bottle, but I'd need 110+ bottles and and I only have 40.

My question is...can I leave these beers in primary for another month without too many issues?

Thanks!

-Jason

I left my very first brew in the Primary on extra 3 or 4 weeks without problem. I was going out of town and wouldn't be around. It was fine!

You'll lose hop character over time. Just add (or re-add) your dry hops when it comes time to keg it up.

I picked up two kegs today. I think I'm going to crash them in the fermenter in the kegerator for two days then dry hop in the keg. Any hints on that?

I picked up two kegs today. I think I'm going to crash them in the fermenter in the kegerator for two days then dry hop in the keg. Any hints on that?

Put the hops in a tea ball or muslin sack so they don't clog the dip tube!

Beyond that, enjoy. I get incredible hop character from DH in the keg :fro:

Back