Are Michelob bottles still pop top?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stigs007

Reaction score
Just started brewing, and wanted to build up my inventory of pop top bottles, and was looking for a more affordable option. I know Michelob were top, but it's been a few years since I bought it. Anyone know off hand if they still are?

Not for YEARS... maybe 15 or 20! At least where I lived.

It is a fading brand and what I drank 25 years ago...

DPB

I drink Amberbock from time to time (I know, shame shame shame) and they are not. I think . . . actually I haven't purchased any Amberbock for a while.

A lot of beer that used to come in pop top are now twist off bottles, what a shame... Don't they know that homebrewers only buy store bought beer that comes in pop tops with labels that come off easily?!!!

A lot of beer that used to come in pop top are now twist off bottles, what a shame... Don't they know that homebrewers only buy store bought beer that comes in pop tops with labels that come off easily?!!!

So inconsiderate.....

Guiness bottles are hands down the easiest to use for homebrewing since their plastic labels come as as simply as a slice with a box cutter. I also really like the Red Hook bottles because they are frequently on sale, not bad beer and paper labels that come off easier than Sam Adams.

Guiness bottles are hands down the easiest to use for homebrewing since their plastic labels come as as simply as a slice with a box cutter. I also really like the Red Hook bottles because they are frequently on sale, not bad beer and paper labels that come off easier than Sam Adams.

I'll check out Red Hook.

I drink Amberbock from time to time (I know, shame shame shame) and they are not. I think . . . actually I haven't purchased any Amberbock for a while.

I like Amberbock. I wouldn't put it in my top 5 or probably even top 10 but at a ball game or bowling alley it is the beer I get 4 out of 5 times and I can appreciate it for what it is. I have been known to even get a pitcher if they have a pitcher draft special that is too good to pass up.

Amberbock is not pop top anymore, at least last time I had it which was a little over a year ago. I bought some for the same reason you're considering and I was very disappointed! Not a terrible beer either in my opinion.

Back