Michelob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring_Chicken

Reaction score
My dad loves it. It was the first beer that made me vomit. Needless to say I hate it. There is some obvious flaw. What is it?

My best guess is that it is a lager yeast fermented warm, and then someone takes a crap in every keg. Just a guess. Sorry if you happen to like it. I'm biased.

Seriously though, I can't stand the flavor and want to avoid it at all costs. So what is it?

i'd start with not crapping in the keg. i read that that's not good over in yeast and fermentation. i think revvy posted a 1000 word post on it as well.

The only flaw is that you don't care for it....Not that there's anything wrong with it. It's just not your cup of tea. But it is your dad's and millions of other folks. So what? The good news is that there's millions of other choices of beer on this planet to choose from. But just because you don't like something doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. Or you have to bash it...

I betcha you couldn't brew a lager that didn't taste like **** to save your ass.

Whelp, I love, absolutely love michelobe amber bock. My favorite of all BMC beers, heads and tails above all else IMO. Anyway, don't get me wrong, I am a certified BJCP judge so my palate is at least semi trained and I realize amber bock doesn't fit into the"bock" category. Anyway.... Forgot what I was saying.... But yup you're f'd in the head. But ain't we alll

My dad loves it. It was the first beer that made me vomit. Needless to say I hate it. There is some obvious flaw. What is it?

My best guess is that it is a lager yeast fermented warm, and then someone takes a crap in every keg. Just a guess. Sorry if you happen to like it. I'm biased.

Seriously though, I can't stand the flavor and want to avoid it at all costs. So what is it?

I would find out what they put in it,then not brew anything similar to it,which would be very challageing anyway, i loved my first bohemian lager i made but wasnt anything like those traditional mass produced beers, in fact im not quite shure if mine was exactly a bohemian lager using s-23 yeast but was still pretty tastey. Not saying michelobe is a bohemian lager or anything,try a pilsner urquell its decent but havent had a lot of bohemian lagers either.

The only flaw is that you don't care for it....Not that there's anything wrong with it. It's just not your cup of tea. But it is your dad's and millions of other folks. So what? The good news is that there's millions of other choices of beer on this planet to choose from. But just because you don't like something doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. Or you have to bash it...

I betcha you couldn't brew a lager that didn't taste like **** to save your ass.

Dude,,,,time for you to RDWHAHB

Actually, my second beer was a pilsener. It was fantastic. Made me believe that lagers in this country are done all wrong.

Really though, I'm not trying to pick on your, or anyone's favorite beer. I just don't care for it's flavor in my beer.

That said, what style does it fall under, and why that flavor that reminds me of sulphur?

i'd start with not crapping in the keg. i read that that's not good over in yeast and fermentation. i think revvy posted a 1000 word post on it as well.

Hahaha. The best advice I heard all week.

Note to self: Never crap in kegs.. :cross:

E

I had some spanking fresh Mich dark out at Grant's Farm one time - it was frakkin delicious. Plus, it was free.

This must be the first thread ever to bash BMC....

Get over it. It's just beer.

In remember liking it OK the only time I had it. For some reason I've never liked Miller...has a "mushroomy" aftertaste to me. :( Anyway, it's just personal preference and taste. I've never bought a BMC beer, life's too short to spend $ on anything other than micros (or more brewing supplies)!

I left some MGD64 in the freezer to flash-cool and forgot about them. They were in the freezer for near 48 and never froze.

I was freaked out. It's like finding out that white-powdered donuts are flame-retardant.

Spring_Chicken said:
Actually, my second beer was a pilsener. It was fantastic. Made me believe that lagers in this country are done all wrong.

Really though, I'm not trying to pick on your, or anyone's favorite beer. I just don't care for it's flavor in my beer.

That said, what style does it fall under, and why that flavor that reminds me of sulphur?

Your second beer was a pilsner? That was actually treated as a lager should? With the proper temps, pitch rates, malt selection, and wort preparation and all the equipment that is generally needed for such? For some reason I have a hard time believing that, but if that is the case, and it actually turned out ok, then more power to ya.

What can I say? I have a job that lets me listen to a lot of Jamil and Basic Brewing Radio. I listened to the Pilsener episode of CYBI before I tried and really, ll you have to do for a good lager is be very clean, temp control, and wait. That's not rocket science.

Back