Michelob Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcory77

Reaction score
Has anyone used these? They are pry off bottles, so they should work, but I have not heard of anyone using them. I wasn't sure if the glass is thinner than most bottle like sam adams and SN.

Anyone?

Yeah, I was into their Dunkelweiss for a little while, and saved up a pile of the bottles. They work fine, and the labels soak off pretty easy.

They are actually my favorite to bottle in because the labels literally fall off when you put the bottle in warm water for a few minutes.

Wouldn't use them more than once. They are thinner and weaker and not designed for reuse. I've had some blow on me or break on prying the crown and some not seat correctly since they are twist offs. No longer worth risking my homebrew in.

Philip

The reason I was asking is that the new michelob bottles are pry off.....at least the ones around here are. I have stayed away from twist offs. Thanks for the input though. I was worried themy might be a little thinner than normal pry offs.

Wouldn't use them more than once. They are thinner and weaker and not designed for reuse.

Philip

No pry off bottle is "designed" for re-use, except the old long neck bar bottles. I've used dozens of different makes and models of pry off bottles and have a failure rate of about 1:300 maybe.

Latest posts

Back