What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411262139.096737.jpg

Went for a third batch!!

3 brews in 9 hours woe

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411263985.625690.jpg
Farmhouse Rye. White Labs American Farmhouse blend produced a stellar beer(i helped a little)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Won't be drinking much tonight, gotta wake up early tomorrow to go to Tucson to do some brewery hopping, networking, and "market research". :mug:

Well, how'd the research go? :mug:

That is hot but that is dry heat right? Over here is the humidity that sucks. especially at those temps. We never got over 100 this summer. We got lucky

The humidity this year sucks. That with monsoon season and the two hurricanes turned tropical storms have made it worse. Guess we've been spoiled for a few years with the nonsoons. C'mon late October / November.

Similar, I'm having my rye IPA saison with brett. But mine was made with Wyeast 3711.

So this is like a mash up of styles? A rye ipa fermented with a Wyeast 3711 and brett I assume? I have contemplated fermenting an ipa with saison yeast. How did it turn out?

Well, how'd the research go? :mug:

The humidity this year sucks. That with monsoon season and the two hurricanes turned tropical storms have made it worse. Guess we've been spoiled for a few years with the nonsoons. C'mon late October / November.

The "research" went well! Lots of great beer and great beer people in Tucson. I am gonna try to get out there at least once a month if I have the time and money. My favorite stop was Borderlands Brewing. Instead of sitting at the bar, they let us hang out around the tanks and brew system.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411264932.684097.jpg
And I agree, the humidity this year is terrible.

College football and beers! I know, I snuck a cider in there. But it is the hopsation so I had to try it with the cascade hops. It was sweet and drinkable, reminded me of champagne.

1411266191271.jpg

1411266214960.jpg

1411266227365.jpg

1411266277791.jpg

Not drinking anything tonight...SWMBO is recuperating from shoulder surgery and I have to give her meds every three hours. Next dose at 10:30, then try to grab a nap until the 1:30 alarm. Maybe tomorrow. Cookies and milk, tonight (ginger snaps).

Not drinking anything tonight...SWMBO is recuperating from shoulder surgery and I have to give her meds every three hours. Next dose at 10:30, then try to grab a nap until the 1:30 alarm. Maybe tomorrow. Cookies and milk, tonight (ginger snaps).

You get the "balls of the night" award for posting milk and ginger snaps as a drink! But really, hope your wife heals fast.

So this is like a mash up of styles? A rye ipa fermented with a Wyeast 3711 and brett I assume? I have contemplated fermenting an ipa with saison yeast. How did it turn out?

It's inspired by Jester King Wytchmaker, turned out great. The brett was added at bottling.

Honestly if you haven't tried a hopped up saison you are missing out. I have this one and another with cedar.

It's inspired by Jester King Wytchmaker, turned out great. The brett was added at bottling.

Honestly if you haven't tried a hopped up saison you are missing out. I have this one and another with cedar.

I need to give it a go. How high did you go on the ibus?

Had a heck of a day. Killed a big bottle of Three Philosophers last night, with a rough morning today at 0415.

Crab fest today with the HB guild, lots of crab, sides and cask beer.

Got home, and started hitting it hard again. Red Kolsch, a HB Belgian Golden Strong and now the Bruery Mischief.

Harvested almost 2lbs of Cascades, with more to go tomorrow.

And really..you kids need to start wearing pants and dump the SWMBO label. WTF happened to real men?

I wear short pants 10 months out of the year and I live in NW Ohio. I have heard that grown men should never wear shorts but I'm no fashionista I wear what's comfortable for me. I did finally dump cargo shorts since I'm not going on safari anytime soon so I'm trying at least.

I need to give it a go. How high did you go on the ibus?

Looks like I did a full 71 IBU from my notes. Cascade, Citra, and Columbus. I can share the recipe if you are interested.

Now I'm drinking my IPA I bottled today. My first attempt bottle out of a keg, guess I need to use a higher pressure, it's a bit flat once it's poured (nice tingle on the tongue, nice head when poured, but no bubbles coming up).

I wear short pants 10 months out of the year and I live in NW Ohio. I have heard that grown men should never wear shorts but I'm no fashionista I wear what's comfortable for me. I did finally dump cargo shorts since I'm not going on safari anytime soon so I'm trying at least.

Ok, if you wear shorts in the dead of winter @ -10f or so, you redeem yourself. ☺

Looks like I did a full 71 IBU from my notes. Cascade, Citra, and Columbus. I can share the recipe if you are interested.

Now I'm drinking my IPA I bottled today. My first attempt bottle out of a keg, guess I need to use a higher pressure, it's a bit flat once it's poured (nice tingle on the tongue, nice head when poured, but no bubbles coming up).

Definitely curious about the recipe like I said it's something I've thought about doing

Definitely curious about the recipe like I said it's something I've thought about doing

5.5 gal
OG: 1.066
FG: 1.004

9 lb German Pilsner
3 lb Rye
0.5 lb Carafoam
0.5 lb Rice Hulls

Mash at 156*F
90 minute boil

1 oz Citra FWH
0.5 oz Columbus 90 minutes
1 oz Cascade 5 minutes
0.5 oz Columbus 5 minutes
1 oz Citra 2 minutes

Ferment at 75*F

Dry hop with 1 oz each of Citra, Columbus, and Cascade

Water: RO with 3 g Gypsum and 2.5 g calcium chloride.

Add Brett C at bottling (no fear of bottle bombs if FG is as low as 1.004).

Changes I may make: use some Munich malt, maybe replace 2 lb of the pilsner. Use Brett trois and add it earlier, maybe add it to the carboy for a month before dry hopping. I've also become I huge fan of Apollo hops, so replacing the equivalent Columbus IBU's might be good.

I am sad to say that the yuengling will not make it through the weekend. Just popped another. SWMBO (I wear the pants and still obey) is doing some damage to the dust.

Back