What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homebrew club meeting. Had some people's good stuff, plus the first tapping of our club big brew 50 gallon bourbon barrel oatmeal stout. Then someone passed around a White Birch Berliner Weisse. Apparently there's some bad bottles floating around. We got one. Tasted like moldy cheese. Disgusting. Back home drinking a PBR now.

a pair of Dales Pale pours followed by a mug and a pitcher of Founders Breakfast with Chinese food (crispy beef and hot and sour soup). Yeah, it does not pair too well but both were tasty.

nukebrewer said:
It's official... I have been spoiled on having this at the brewery. It's so fantastic on tap at the brewery it makes me wonder how it's so radically different in the bottle. It could be old, I suppose, but there's no date on the bottle so I don't know. http://www.flickr.com/photos/93961624@N06/10846909075/ 20131113_205000 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr
Totally agree with you. This beer is so much more hoppy on tap. Bottles stink.

I've had it on tap at a few other places (not just at the brewery).

Homebrew club meeting. Had some people's good stuff, plus the first tapping of our club big brew 50 gallon bourbon barrel oatmeal stout. Then someone passed around a White Birch Berliner Weisse. Apparently there's some bad bottles floating around. We got one. Tasted like moldy cheese. Disgusting. Back home drinking a PBR now.

You need one of these glasses to drink PBR brah!

ForumRunner_20131113_222340.png

I said yeah, yeah, yeah, brown shugga, how come you taste so good?

To lazy to get the camara, don't want to post a sideways cell phone pic, but Lagunitas Brown Shugga is damn fine. I'm gonna crack a second in a minute I think.

Do these age well? Local bottle shop has a fair amount, and I'm thinking about grabbing more than the 6er I got today.

NIZZLE said:
That's funny sheeet but 5th and Washington got knocked the fooooooook out brah!

Yes, yes he did. Im not really from 5th and Washington I have no idea where that is. Just thought that video would be right up your alley. :D

Tommy don't play that!

image-1619786204.jpg

mhurst111 said:
Tasty stuff.

Seen a lot of good posts about that. I am a big fan of vanilla stouts and porters. Have you had mean old Tom? ^^^^ if so how do they compare?

I said yeah, yeah, yeah, brown shugga, how come you taste so good?

To lazy to get the camara, don't want to post a sideways cell phone pic, but Lagunitas Brown Shugga is damn fine. I'm gonna crack a second in a minute I think.

Do these age well? Local bottle shop has a fair amount, and I'm thinking about grabbing more than the 6er I got today.

Yes! They age well. They are almost two completely different beers six months apart. I think I like the hoppy fresh ones better, but it's hard to say. The hops drop out dramatically with age on this one. More than you'd think. But I'd definitely say the aged shugga is dang dandy, too.

Yes, yes he did. Im not really from 5th and Washington I have no idea where that is. Just thought that video would be right up your alley. :D

Tommy don't play that!

This is a good stout right here. I'm a fan of most of what Maine Beer Company has to offer. Have you had Zoe or Lunch? Hooooly sheeeeeeet they make good beer.

boydster said:
This is a good stout right here. I'm a fan of most of what Maine Beer Company has to offer. Have you had Zoe or Lunch? Hooooly sheeeeeeet they make good beer.

I've had lunch and thought it was excellent. Never had the zoey but have seen it on shelves a lot. Maybe I'll scoop one up next time I'm purchasing some more beer I probably don't need. :tank:

Cheers.

A couple Sierra Nevada Celebration Ales...nothing makes cold weather easier to bear than some hoppy ales!

Actually Skeeter Pee thirty if you wanna get technical. Cherry flavored, while I plan out launching the adding heat phase to my Mexican Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. Finally get to pull a grav sample tomorrow to see where its at. Picked up some fresh habaneros today for it.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Actually Skeeter Pee thirty if you wanna get technical. Cherry flavored, while I plan out launching the adding heat phase to my Mexican Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. Finally get to pull a grav sample tomorrow to see where its at. Picked up some fresh habaneros today for it.
I really need to make skeeter pee. Doesn't it take a long time?

Drinking some small baby can of an Italian espresso style drink. It honestly tastes like bottom of a burnt pot of coffee!

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Awesome thanks. I'll have to pick everything up and try it. I guess since adding kmeta and sorbate it won't carb and I don't have to pasteurize after bottling and back sweetening? One thing is he added table sugar to back sweeten but it seems like that wouldn't dissolve. I wonder if I should use dextrose.

mcbaumannerb said:
Going to Jackie O's? :D Coffee, of course.

Not this time. It's out of the way. Might go to next release. How far is Athens for you? ;)

Not this time. It's out of the way. Might go to next release. How far is Athens for you? ;)

It's about 7 to 7 1/2 hours from here. Of course if I got that far out and didn't continue on to my parents house (another 3 hours) I'd never hear the end of it. So are you hitting a brewery or doing some killer bottle shares?

Back