Awesome deal on equipment by way of groupon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I guess I should be more descriptive. It's for Midwest Starter Brewing Kit (primary, bottling bucket, capper, some sanitizer and so tubing and a few other doodads and a DVD) along with one of their recipe kits. Essentially all a beginner needs to get started other than a kettle and bottles. All of it for $42.

They had the same thing for the Chicago Groupon yesterday. Looks like the groupon deal is making it's rounds around the major cities.

Shouldn't matter where you live, I hope! I bought one from the Chicago one yesterday as a gift, haven't tried redeeming the code yet.

update: I just redeemed my code, no problems. As long as midwest ships to your area it doesn't matter what city groupon you use.

Was anyone else confused about what you actually get? I started watching the video and was thinking that everything on the table was included. At the end I realized it wasn't. Then I wasn't sure about anything. I think you get the 2 buckets, some caps, your choice of 1 recipe ingredient, and a DVD. I know the kettle is extra and bottles are extra. What about the capper?

is there any "catch" with using groupon in general? .... Or do you just pick, pay, and use?

didn't know if you had to pay to be a member or not....

thanks,
Sean

damn if only I had the correct link yesterday thats a smoken deal and just what I need to get started.

-=Jason=-

No catch, bottles and brew pot NOT included. You get 3 ingredient kits to choose from, autumn ale, irish red or a stout. The coupon code is good for a few months so you order now and then redeem later if you want. You will receive daily spam from that groupon website.

hrm if I can still get that deal it might just be what I need to get started, I have a 23 tip flame thrower already and 60qt boiling pot I got from home depot last night for $40.00

I can get my foot in the door for under $100.00

EDIT: went to this link here,http://www.midwestsupplies.com/groupon tried to order but was prompted for a groupon code FML... looks like I missed out on this one.

-=Jason=-

Sounds like they have been posting the same deal under different cities, so it may show up again soon.

yeah only thing is I want to get started sooner than later so it looks like i'll have to pay to play

-=Jason=-

Just call the store and ask. Some of these vendors will give you the Groupon deal after the deal expires if you call and ask them.

jason,

basically all you really need is a bucket, lid, and airlock.... About $15.... And the kit of your choosing. (and some sanitizer)

then you can buy the rest in a cple of weeks... Such as bottling bucket, bottles caps and capper.... Kinda spread it out. Might only be able to do this if you have a LHBS though (to avoid shipping costs)...

just a thought... (thats what I did)

Sean

LHBS is 90+ miles away, but if I can make the drive get supplies, get a few brews with friends it worth it.

-=Jason=-

BTW, this was the Groupon deal in Kansas City as well over the weekend.

Back