March Pump SS Head? Best Price?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is what I am trying to find out. I have a local distributor for pumps that can get me the SS head for 195.50 + tax. MoreBeer.com is like 240.00. Are there others out there?

Why do you need that? Just curious, I may need one!

The word NEED never really entered into the equation until I started to gum up the threads on the Poly Plastic one that I have. Plus I kind of think the side input and face output would be handy too.

I am using SS tri-clamp fittings on mine and the metal treads can and will cross the plastic NPT threads if you are not VERY careful.

I was not so careful.

Plus I kind of think the side input and face output would be handy too

Are you sure the outlet is on the face? I have this pump: March pump part # 809 PL/HS-C. All of the pumps I've seen have the inlet on the face of the pump housing and the outlet on the side. Not saying there isn't one, but I haven't seen it. - Dwain

Are you sure the outlet is on the face? I have this pump: March pump part # 809 PL/HS-C. All of the pumps I've seen have the inlet on the face of the pump housing and the outlet on the side. Not saying there isn't one, but I haven't seen it. - Dwain

Which ever is the outlet or the inlet I don't really care. the head is still turnable and I can make it work better, i think. The model number you stated above is for a Poly plastic head. NOT a Stainless head. 809 PL/HS-C FYI

The march comes in many formats. One has a 3/4" inlet on the face and a 1/2" outlet in the standard position. I believe this is the best arrangement provided that you can feed the pump with 3/4" lines.

brewmasterswarehouse sells that format in plastic.

The march comes in many formats. One has a 3/4" inlet on the face and a 1/2" outlet in the standard position. I believe this is the best arrangement provided that you can feed the pump with 3/4" lines.

brewmasterswarehouse sells that format in plastic.

i have 1/2 inch lines and I was not asking for a history or catalog for the March pump Company. I am looking for a Stainless Steel 1/2 head for an 809 series pump. who else sells them besides MOREBEER.com, who sells them for WAY too much money?

Yeah, I know it's plastic, I looked on the seller's website and they don't have a stainless head either. I really posted to make sure that the head you were looking at had the inlet in the center. If you were designing or routing your piping, it might make a big difference. But, if it doesn't matter, no worries. Good Luck - Dwain

Man, I type too slow. I did however look at the ebay seller I bought from and they don't have stainless. Sorry - Dwain

Sim, no link to the supplier???? I need to by two SS head pumps (OK need isn't the right word :)) and would love to get them cheaper. I was under the impression B3 made those heads custom. If there is an alternate I would be very happy to know of it.

The word NEED never really entered into the equation until I started to gum up the threads on the Poly Plastic one that I have. Plus I kind of think the side input and face output would be handy too.

I am using SS tri-clamp fittings on mine and the metal treads can and will cross the plastic NPT threads if you are not VERY careful.

I was not so careful.

Have you thought about a SS coupler, nipple and some JB Weld or similar to create a new attachment point for your tri-clamp? A heck of a lot cheaper method to try out.

Sim, no link to the supplier???? I need to by two SS head pumps (OK need isn't the right word :)) and would love to get them cheaper. I was under the impression B3 made those heads custom. If there is an alternate I would be very happy to know of it.

B3 takes a SS head manufactured by March and welds the tri-clamps on. The head is $240, the whole pump is $325 and the tri-clamp addition is $395. I do not see the tri-clamp being offered anymore at B3.

I just emailed the distributor and asked about price breaks on multiple units. I will see what he says and get back about a possible group buy at MAYBE a better price.

Just spoke wit the distributor (Via Email) And he allows that he will discount the pump heads to $185.73, plus shipping and applicable sales tax if any for multiple units.

The March Part Number is 0809-0150-000 that is for the Stainless Steel Head assembly with the from port, Like Tommy Boy has on the Red Dragon except without the Sanitary Tri Clamp fittings. They are 3/4" MPT Center Inlet and 1/2 MPT threads Outlet.

Anybody interested?

Anybody know the best place to get a Stainless Steel pump head for a march pump 809 series?
Are you willing to use any other SS non magnetic drive pump in case you don't find the March magnetic drive pump with a SS head?

I use conventional small pumps with SS head.
My cost a few years ago was $185.00.
I hop you guys don't put me on dead row for not using a magnetic drive pump.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Ever find what you were looking for? I bought one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320606933368&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Had a bit of an issue with it; the wheel inside was getting stuck. But I switched out the wheel with the plastic head i had on there before and it worked like a charm.

I was just going to recco that as well. I just got one of those- as they state in the post, the threads are a little rough, but not to any degree that would adversely affect it. I gave them an extra wrap of teflon tape and had no problem.

Mike at Chugger pump had SS Chugger heads this a direct replacement for the March 809 plastic pump head on ebay last month for $39.95. Mike also had a limited giveaway of complete Chugger pumps with SS head he paid shipping a 100% free pump for us HBT members. I have one of his free pump besides having quick replies from him with pump questions. What more can one ask of a new company and person with these great offers, quick replies plus a great low price pump a win win?

digr,
one thing was brought up by Walter at March pump was to replace the 809 pump impeller with a 815 HF $24 impeller thru a distributor cheaper. This one item will make the 809 pump go from 12' to 18' max head. With Chugger their specs state 14' head, install the March 815 HF impeller into a Chugger pump, bingo a 18' head stainless head pump.

digr,
one thing was brought up by Walter at March pump was to replace the 809 pump impeller with a 815 HF $24 impeller thru a distributor cheaper. This one item will make the 809 pump go from 12' to 18' max head. With Chugger their specs state 14' head, install the March 815 HF impeller into a Chugger pump, bingo a 18' head stainless head pump.

Fantastic idea actually.

When i'm better physcially i'll run my Chugger pump flow checks stock, cleanup inside retest then install a 815 HF impeller. I have other clearance mods I want to try also then report.

Back