co2 leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bryankienke

I have a dual tap kegerator and I am having a co2 leak. I have found the location of the leak...where the tank connects to the regulator. What options or ideas do I have in order to stop it from leaking at this connection. I have made sure it is tight, have even wrapped the threads of the tank with teflon tape but there is still a small leak that you can see when you use the soapy water. Any ideas or suggestions would be great...the kegerator was only bought at Christmas time, so its brand new.

Depends on the brand and kind of washer it takes. Mine uses a quad ring inset rubber gasket that is supposed to be permanent. Others use a felt washer or plastic washer. Make sure you have some kind of washer inside the fitting!!!

If it's where the stem meets the reg, take it apart and re-teflon it. If it's the stem nut, make sure you have your nylon washer. Ask where you get your tank filled, they'll probably give you one.

Welcome to HBT!

B

This may be a dumb question, but are you finger tightening the regulator to the tank or using a wrench? At first, my set up worked fine just finger tightening. Eventually though, it started to leak until I took a wrench to it.

Did the leak develop recently, or has it been there since you got it? If it's recent, has anything changed in the set up lately?

Back