I picked up some ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sAvAgE

Reaction score
Suggestions on what to try it in?

Since I am working with extracts right now, I saw these and they were on sale at the local Beer and wine making store. so I bought the last two packages.

I bought 2 x 500 G of Honey Malt.

The description is Also known as Bruhmalt, and is used to intensify color and aroma. Produces a subtle malty, sweet flavour and it must be mashed.

Sorry Folks I think I need to explain a bit more

these are the two packages of malt that I bought while 40% off

The Suggestions I am looking for is what would you recommend for a type of Liquid Extract to use with this type of malt? also maybe a hop or two for taste enhancement?

Sorry folks if my question was a bit vague. I wrote it just after I got off work as was a little braindead.

Hmm. I have some honey malt, too. I got it in order to add it to a recipe for a blonde ale. I hadn't noticed whether it required mashing.

My idea was something like this:

6 lbs. pale liquid malt extract
1 lb. pale malt
.5 lb. Honey malt
.5 lb. Crystal malt 15L
Hallertau hops for bittering and aroma

I added the pale malt in case the honey malt really does need mashing. It might need the enzymes from the pale malt. You could just steep all the grains for 45 minutes in about 3-4 qts. of 150F water.

Let me know what you end up doing, or if you find out more about the honey malt. Cheers and good luck,

Alex

Yes Absolutely I will. Since St Paddy's day is coming up. thinking maybe something a little unique like a *High Test India Pale Ale, then use the honey malt for body and color, andof course it's additional aroma and taste.

Something like this

1 can of India Pale Ale Liquid Extract Premiums or a Morgans
2 x 500 Grams of Honey malt
4 cups of Corn Sugar
still debating on the hops dont think I want it too hoppy tasting
Windsor Brewers yeast

*High Test -- ABV of about 6.7% - 8.5%

Latest posts

Back