Hello from Birmingham, AL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopFiend

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am fairly new to homebrew. I have brewed 3 extract batches so far and I plan to start kegging some extract within the next couple of weeks before I move on to AG.

I'm sure you all will be seeing me around here more often as I start learning new stuff.

Hello all,

I am fairly new to homebrew. I have brewed 3 extract batches so far and I plan to start kegging some extract within the next couple of weeks before I move on to AG.

I'm sure you all will be seeing me around here more often as I start learning new stuff.

I just did my first partial mash batch, it's a nice way to start to transition from extract to all grain. There's a sticky in the beginners brewing forum from DeathBrewer that has a lot of good information on this topic.

Good luck!

Oh yeah, I know partial mash is part of the transition. I just got sick of bottling, so a two-keg setup is coming before I start buying equipment to go partial --> AG

Oh yeah, I know partial mash is part of the transition. I just got sick of bottling, so a two-keg setup is coming before I start buying equipment to go partial --> AG

Very cool. I've got a couple of cornies from my old man, he uses them to store wine. When I get some spare scratch I'll gather the rest of the pieces to get myself kegging. I don't mind the bottling actually but it seems that kegging would get me to the consumption stage a bit earlier! :rockin:

I'm definitely excited about it. I haven't brewed in about 6 months just because I didn't want to wash all those bottles again. In another month I should have a heffe sitting next to my couch!

Greetings and welcome to the obsession. Now then, turn over all your finances to your significant other before you spend every spare dime on this passion. :D

Greetings and welcome to the obsession. Now then, turn over all your finances to your significant other before you spend every spare dime on this passion. :D

Thank you! She already knows that she is going to have to sacrifice some of the refrigerator while I look for a one to turn into a keggerator.

Welcome to HBT... one simple question... Alabama or Auburn? After all it's a question everyone in AL has to answer! :) Suppose you know, but you're close to a local homebrew shop, Alabrew. I hear good things about them, worth checking out if you haven't already.

Schlante,
Phillip

Welcome to HBT... one simple question... Alabama or Auburn? After all it's a question everyone in AL has to answer! :) Suppose you know, but you're close to a local homebrew shop, Alabrew. I hear good things about them, worth checking out if you haven't already.

Schlante,
Phillip

Thanks man. I'm an Alabama fan. But I really just started following college football last year. I bought all of my initial kit from Alabrew. I'm going to go check out their new location next week and see how their prices compare to getting kegging equipment online.

Back