2011 San Diego NHC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What if you saw Kerry & Mark standing up on stage with them accepting the award?

Maybe point and laugh? Give them **** at our next meeting? I dont know, I wouldnt be offended. Stewart entered his beers with the club name Church of Zymurology or something.

It was awesome meeting all of you and tasting your awesome meeds and beers.

I recorded all the seminars and will upload them shortly along with some videos and pictures.

IMG_3862.jpg

Cape
All of my compassion is contained in my lambchops. Lucky for you.

There's no reason to complain about the BN.
1) We could all decide to enter Miller Brewing Company as our club and they'd have to honor it.
2) Beginning this year you could send your beer to any region. As a practical matter, ASH had to send beers to San Diego and Lodi as San Diego got filled up.
3) Do any of your clubs take attendance or make sure people are in good standing before they send off beers? Should the AHA be able to audit those records? Some of our members attend only once or twice a year to an event or meeting. How do you quantify that?
4) The BN probably meet IRL more often than you think. They drink each others beers. They are a club.
5) If anyone has an issue, it's probably DOZE.
http://www.homebrewersassociation.o.../2011-first-round-winners/lodi-judging-center

ollllo!!!! FOR. The.... WIN!

(pic, not the 'love everyone' post).

And I am really not that fired up over the BN thing. I just dont agree with the principal of it. I dont see how you would feel good about winning it that way.

The only mention of Philly I can find on Flickr, but this was displayed at the Grand Banquet in front of a nearly 2000 and was on signs around the conference so it should be solid:

28gsb3t.jpg

That little "philly 2013" blurb is also in the program book. Denny, I think I was in a general haze starting with Wednesday night sampling at the Lost Abbey tasting room. It was probably the longest sustained .2+ blood alcohol level I've ever sustained. Woooo!

Bobby_M said:
What I want to see is how many West Coasters actually make it out to Philly in '13.

In my opinion, the bigger failure to attend is people closer to the conference. Just comb through this thread and witness it.

If ill go to St. Paul, I'll definitely be going to Philly.

I'm going to try to RV it up to Seattle with the Family, pick my brother up in Scro-town and head up north through the Lost coast.

In my opinion, the bigger failure to attend is people closer to the conference. Just comb through this thread and witness it.

I'm not calling anyone out BTW.

I'm saying that a plane ride make it prohibitive for some. Those people don't even consider going. Period.

Those that live a car ride away are more likely to say they are going to go and hold on to that intent longer.

Therefore, you'll literally see way more people in the greater Philly area declare they are going and then don't make it for a number of (valid) reasons. I'm sure that happened this year too.

What I want to see is how many West Coasters actually make it out to Philly in '13.

Well, I'm definitely in for Seattle, as our club will be involved again including cellar mastering. We went to San Diego as our dry run this year. (GEBL, Greater Everett Brewers League)

There is an above average chance I'll make Philly as well as I spent most of my life 50 miles north of Philly in Allentown PA. Philly is a great historic city, but can get a bit scary if you wander too far off the beaten path.

I'm guilty of this for this year's. I live maybe 10 miles from where it was held. Unfortunately life got in the way. Maybe next time, I really would have liked to serve at club night and sit in on a couple talks. :(

I'm saving up for Seattle already! I have it on my calendar for next year. I really wanted to go this year, but life got in the way. I think I'm going to have to go every other year, and not every year, to keep peace in my family.

I've gone to 2008, 2010, and I'll go 2012. It'd be nice if it would be closer to me, like in Chicago, sometime. An expensive plane ticket along with the hotel, and of course the cost of the conference itself has been prohibitive for me. It's about a $1200 weekend, and I go alone. That's tough.

That little "philly 2013" blurb is also in the program book. Denny, I think I was in a general haze starting with Wednesday night sampling at the Lost Abbey tasting room. It was probably the longest sustained .2+ blood alcohol level I've ever sustained. Woooo!

Well, man, I guess you drank my share! I think I may have set a record for the least amount of beer ever consumed at NHC! I was definitely at less than 3 pints/day. I guess that's one of the advantages (?) of having heart problems!

I'm not calling anyone out BTW.

I'm saying that a plane ride make it prohibitive for some. Those people don't even consider going. Period.

Those that live a car ride away are more likely to say they are going to go and hold on to that intent longer.

Therefore, you'll literally see way more people in the greater Philly area declare they are going and then don't make it for a number of (valid) reasons. I'm sure that happened this year too.

We had our first club meeting last night since Philly 2013 was introduced and it's obvious that the whole club is giddy excited about it. We pub-crawl Philly quite a bit so it would be really odd to not see at least half of them there. Of course, the full conference pass is probably twice as much as what you'd spend on a crawl. Add in a weekend of hotel and food and it's still an expensive weekend for most. So far, airfare has been 30% or less of the whole NHC cost.

We'll be tossing the bars on the trailers and going down in a caravan (long line of trucks, not the minivan).

Should be interesting even though it is a long way off.

I'm thinking there may be something pig related coming out of the SSBC booth. (South Shore Brew Club)

Maybe I'll have a booth next year to sign shirts & other "don't get Sopered" shwag.

then you'd need the

"I got Sopered" Shirts

"Sopered In Seattle" -- "I'll have what he's having shirts."

"A wild Soper appears" "uses beer" " Is super-effective" meme based shirts.

I'll donate my share of profits to charity of course... :tank:

I'm saving up for Seattle already! I have it on my calendar for next year. I really wanted to go this year, but life got in the way. I think I'm going to have to go every other year, and not every year, to keep peace in my family.

I've gone to 2008, 2010, and I'll go 2012. It'd be nice if it would be closer to me, like in Chicago, sometime. An expensive plane ticket along with the hotel, and of course the cost of the conference itself has been prohibitive for me. It's about a $1200 weekend, and I go alone. That's tough.

Love to see you in Seattle Yoop. You've got a year to scare up a fellow female brew partner to share a room with. That should cut down on the cost a bit. I'd offer up our spare bedroom, but we live like 20 miles away and with all the alcohol that just isn't going to be practical. We've already decided we're staying at the convention center.

By the way all, the actual location is in Bellevue WA, which is a high tech/financial based city just across the lake from Seattle.

By the way all, the actual location is in Bellevue WA, which is a high tech/financial based city just across the lake from Seattle.

pub crawling will be tough, unless there is an organized bus or a Designated Driver to haul the soon-to-be-sopered HBT members around.

I know that an HBT party at Naked City is Imperative. :rockin:

Back