my beer tastes bitter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilkenny

Reaction score
hello everyone am already onto my third batch of beers and have fridged my first batch of xxxx lager,i done everything to the book but my beer tastes horrible very bitter to the tounge straight away,it fremanted for 2 weeks then i bottled it ,it sat for another 2 weeks then i friged it to make room for my second batch victoria bitter i am now making a clone of kilkenny ,i used brown suger in the bottles,does it need more time by the way its not very clear either .help please

Without seeing the recipe it's hard to say exactly but it might be bitter because you used too many bittering hops or it just hasn't conditioned long enough. That's my best guess with the info at hand.

What recipe did you follow? I bet you it is because you used too much hops. It happened to me and it aint pretty. Add some water to it if it is barely tolerable.

Let it sit. The more time the better. I just racked my last lager to my secondary and it was very bitter (I stole a sip) :D . I know with more time it will smooth out however as I barely used 1.5oz total of hops. As they say time heals all wounds and most beers.

Let it sit. The more time the better. I just racked my last lager to my secondary and it was very bitter (I stole a sip) :D . I know with more time it will smooth out however as I barely used 1.5oz total of hops. As they say time heals all wounds and most beers.

I humbly suggest you may want to "upgrade" your signature quote; it's It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, THAN to speak and remove all doubt.

:)

Michael

Back