Gluten Free Wicked Messenger Wit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, here is finally an update on what I got with my recipe:
I sticked mostly to the recipe in the first post by Lcasanova. Since I was not able to obtain Sorghum sirup, I used sugar cane molasses and agave sirup in a ratio of 4:1. There is no intention behind this ratio, I just managed to get a hold on 1 kg molasses and 250g of sirup. Since I wanted to finally use up my hop stock only Cascade was used in this beer.
After the fermentation I dry hopped for two weeks. Each week I added 2g of Cascade per litre.

The result is satisfying but not what I expected. After 3 weeks of storing at room temperatur, it is a typical IPA. The light citrus taste which I achieved in several other brews is not present. It has a minimal and light brown froth which is very stable. In a future brew, I would reduce the amount of hops and also dryhop with 2g for one week.

I will post some updates here if the taste will change drastically in the following weeks :)

Best regards

k-Glutenfree.jpg

k-Glutenfree2.jpg

Latest posts

Back