Does anyone have a Okanagan Springs 1516 extract clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King_Coaster

Reaction score
The only information I could find is from their site:

Two-row, premium Canadian and Bavarian barley. Hallertau and Saaz hops. Bavarian yeast. Pure water. We source only the finest, natural ingredients that are truly worthy of a beer that bears the name “1516”.

No shops around here sell a Bavarian Lager kit that I can experiment with and I do not have the equipment to do an all grain or partial grain boil. Does anyone have an idea on how I can McGuyver this?

Thanks.

The only information I could find is from their site:

Two-row, premium Canadian and Bavarian barley. Hallertau and Saaz hops. Bavarian yeast. Pure water. We source only the finest, natural ingredients that are truly worthy of a beer that bears the name “1516”.

No shops around here sell a Bavarian Lager kit that I can experiment with and I do not have the equipment to do an all grain or partial grain boil. Does anyone have an idea on how I can McGuyver this?

Thanks.

Bavarian yeast strain can come from Wyeast.

Light Dry Malt should be suitable for the Canadian two row. I'd also steep some Vienna, maybe .5lb, for good measure. Maybe consider some Cara-foam as well?

For hops, I'd try Saaz hops for bittering for their spicy/tea flavors. Hop flavors should be low, though. No citrus.

Back