Craigslist score - how to adapt for cornies and kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeonderdonk

Reaction score
So I got (what I think is) a sweet deal on some equipment for my not-too-distant kegerator build.

I got a stainless 2-tap tower with Perlick taps, sanke keg couplers, and tubing.

The couplers look like this:
d_6774.jpg

Total was $50 for the whole thing but not sure whether the couplers are of any use to me since i plan on using cornelius kegs. Is there anything that acts as an adaptor between this coupler and a cornie keg?

Also, you think this is a decent deal (felt like I could have negotiated a bit better)?

Try one of the online distributors, or your LHBS. It's always good to have a Sanke keg connector though, makes it easy when you fell like buying a half barrel of your favorite brew.

You don't need a conversion kit, if you are using ball lock cornelious kegs you just need these...

Liquid Connecttion and Gas Connection. Just connect them to your liquid hose, and gas hose respectively.

I say hang on to at least one of the Sanke couplers though, they are nice for times like this...
0809091520.jpg

$50 is a great deal for a tower and a couple Perlicks and Sanke couplers!

You don't need a conversion kit, if you are using ball lock cornelious kegs you just need these...

However if you want the flexibility to be able to swap in a sankey of local microbrew (for when you get so wrapped up in brewery DIY projects you forget to brew) the stuff in the kit like the 1/4" MFL tailpieces make it easy to change without having to mess with the hose clamps.

Um, just get get some quick disconnects.

One pair of males on going to your tower/gas, and 2x female pairs. One for the Sanke and one for Corny.

Issue solved, changeover time >30 seconds.

SowegaBrews said:

Liquid Connecttion and Gas Connection. Just connect them to your liquid hose, and gas hose respectively.

I say hang on to at least one of the Sanke couplers though, they are nice for times like this...

$50 is a great deal for a tower and a couple Perlicks and Sanke couplers!

What psi do you serve at when using this set up? I have a perlick mk-1 coupler I'm about to start using in my keezer....

Back