cheap grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man! you can't go wrong with that. You should still shoot for getting a roller mill at some point but that one would be a great starter mill.
Nice find! :mug:

I wish I'd seen this 2 weeks ago. I paid $50 for a Corona. I think I got a bigger grain hopper. I don't know how they can sell for $15 unless it's a Corona Knockoff.I didn't think there was that much of a Mark UP. I'm not that sold on a Corona, the plates wabble. I get everything from flour to what looks like uncrushed grain with the same settings. I'll try it a few more times and if I don't get better efficiency I'll junk it and buy one with rollers.

davidkrau said:
I wish I'd seen this 2 weeks ago. I paid $50 for a Corona. I think I got a bigger grain hopper. I don't know how they can sell for $15 unless it's a Corona Knockoff.I didn't think there was that much of a Mark UP. I'm not that sold on a Corona, the plates wabble. I get everything from flour to what looks like uncrushed grain with the same settings. I'll try it a few more times and if I don't get better efficiency I'll junk it and buy one with rollers.

I just went ahead and bit the bullet and bought a Crankandstien roller mill and I am glad I did. I have run about 80-100 lbs of grain thru it since I bought it in Feb and I have been getting 78-90 % eff from my mash. Check them out they have all different price ranges. http://www.crankandstein.com/

I'm running a corona right now, but I think I'm going to give myself a crankandstein for christmas. Probably the triple roller model. I think that will help my efficiency.

Back