multi bottle CPF

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nwcw2001

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am sitting here trying to work it through my brain and want a few inputs from the peanut gallery.

I am trying to figure out how to make a multi-bottle CPF. I am thinking a 6 pack filler. One line in with CO2 and a bleeder valve. I was thinking of a way to ensure a constant run on all six fillers, by using regular spring loaded fillers tubes.

Am I crazy guys or can this be done?

Thanks for any help,

John

I've been told the you need three hands to operate a single bottle CPF. Filling six at a time? I suppose if you found an agreeable octopus you might be onto something.

I've seen enough commercial units to think that this is way outside the practical for a homebrewer.

The easy part would be purging and filling the bottles under pressure, the fun begins when you pull the fill tubes out of the bottle and the beer foams up and out of the bottle. As David mentioned, watch a commercial bottle filler in action and note the few seconds after the bottle is filled and the cap gets crimped, even with a single filler it is a two person job.

Watch "American Beer." There's a microbrewery featured that uses exactly what you describe (well...I think it fills a case at a time, but you get the idea). Perhaps it's Dogfish Head?

great one more thing to add to my "to do" list. Watch "american Beer"

I looked online and found a couple of clips, and I want it BAD!:rockin:

Back