So What's Going To Happen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverBirchBrew

Reaction score
So I was making an Alt (Ale). I broke my hydrometer before I could take a reading. It was bubbling away for about 5 days at around 72 degrees and then it slowed. I moved it into a secondary and it then...nothing. I waited about a week for any signs of life but it appeared to have finished.

I got a hydrometer and took a reading...1.030. Obviously not finished. I had no other Ale yeast to get it restarted so I pitched in part of a San Francisco Lager starter and now it's back to bubbling.

My question is: what the heck have I created? I expect and accept a few smart a$$ answers but if anyone has done this I'd be curious know what to expect.

It'll be fine man. Finishing with a lager strain at 1.030 won't affect the outcome on a noticeable level, make sure to do a diacetal rest since you're using a lager strain though.

Back