Drip Rag instead of Drip Tray?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Saturday, we were at a friends house with my portable kegerator:
PDR_0185_2_.jpg

As you can see, it doesn't yet have a drip tray.

My friend came out with a folded tablecloth, which he placed in the "drip area". Instant "drip rag", no tray needed!

Now, I am thinking of getting "fancy" with the idea. Do they make the thin "kitchen sponge" material in large sheets? That could be cut into sections that would work great at catching drips and spills. It could have a secondary function of acting as a sponge to clean up the kegerator after a party.

:rockin:

Bought a box of the Sham's ... work great in the brewery. Cleans out the last bits of water from the keggles.

oddly I find him the most interesting pitch-man on the tv.

Haha, love this post, made me laugh. Sham-rag should do the trick but be sure to wash it often. I've been guilty of ignoring my drip tray for a few days and mold acts fast. Which makes me remember I had an overpour this weekend, I'll need to clean my drip tray when I get home...

Drip-dog is multi-purpose...cleans up racking spills also. Although he has been known to create his own clean up needs...when I have left my beer unattended on the coffee table.

Back