American Amber Ale Much Better Amber Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am planning on doing the original recipe again in the fall but this time I am going to use cascade hops that I have grown for the aroma additions and I will some for dry-hopping to try to make this into more of a harvest ale. This has been popular enough with my friends that I now include the grains for this recipe to give away with equipment I sell that help brewers get into all grain brewing.

I now include the grains for this recipe to give away with equipment I sell that help brewers get into all grain brewing.

What recipe did you decide on? I understand that the recipe has been through a few iterations. I liked the version I brewed based on one of your iterations a few years back and am thinking of doing another.

What recipe did you decide on? I understand that the recipe has been through a few iterations. I liked the version I brewed based on one of your iterations a few years back and am thinking of doing another.

I am going to slightly alter my original recipe.

7 lbs 2-Row Brewers Malt
2 lbs Munich
2 lbs Vienna
1.5 lbs Crystal 60L
4 oz Amber Malt (optional if you want to add a bisquit flavor and darker color)
1.0 oz Centennial ( first wort hop prior to 60 min)
0.5 oz Cascade (10 min)
0.5 oz Cascade (5 min)
1 oz home grown Cascade hops for dry hopping 7 days
Wyeast 1056 American Ale yeast or US-05 dry yeast

Back