Mead for religious purposes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus of course remember the first rule of getting away with something. DON'T TALK ABOUT IT! Youv'e already lost out there, no point in continuing. Keep it legal.

are you folks really that skiddish?!?!

so what if someone rats you out? The only way they can prove it is by a controlled bust. And since they can't charge any of your customers for posession and get them to roll you under the bus, they dont have any real leg to stand on to set up the bust.

Try this, instead of useing currency, use silver or gold bullion. problem solved. Trade for honey to use. Trade for groceries. Trade for someones homegrown. GAIN, if you skiddish of money, trade for some things on your grocery list every week that is worth the same as what you would sell a bottle for.

example "hey man, can i pick up a few bottles of cider"
reply "yeah and on the way over pick up a 5 pack of Top Raman, 1 lb of ground chuck, and a loaf of wheat bread, and a carton of eggs."

or "yeah, can you stop by borders and pick up (insert title/author here)________

or "Yeah, 1 ounce of silver for a couple bottles"

or "yeah, I'm low on 9mm rounds, can you pick up a box of (insert favoirt ammo here)_____

or "yeah, BUT YOU BETTER CRACK OPEN THAT HUMIDOR AND BRING ME A "DON LINO!!!"
you'l have plenty of good barter claimed items in no time

it's fun too, because your friends stop by all the other time

Just to set you straight, even BARTERING is (supposed to be) taxed...because it was a transaction worth something to the giver and receiver...

Just to set you straight, even BARTERING is (supposed to be) taxed...because it was a transaction worth something to the giver and receiver...

HAH...I didn't even realize that.

Oh, BTW, BATF is actually NOT overlooking us anymore...after 9-11 according to a recent basic brewing it is now a different division...just found this on the BATF website...

As of the 1/1/03 the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), is responsible for all inquiries in regards to regulating the alcohol and tobacco industries and Special Occupational Tax and for the collection of Firearms and Ammunition Excise Taxes imposed on manufacturers and importers of these products. Contact TTB at the following website:Welcome to TTBGov

So unless we talk about selling our homebrew to buy BATF surveillance keywords detected amonium nitrate and fertilizer, it's just the TTB agents that are lurking.

are you folks really that skiddish?!?!
so what if someone rats you out? The only way they can prove it is by a controlled bust. And since they can't charge any of your customers for posession and get them to roll you under the bus, they dont have any real leg to stand on to set up the bust.

I think that what they are saying is that dont do something illegal, but if you choose to, dont advirtise that fact on a public forum. A lot of criminals get caught becuase they tell someone else about what they do.

That is very true. The government ran into a problem with that a long time ago with the makers of bootleg whiskey. Those guys were trading whiskey with people for food and provisions and when the feds came into tax it, they decided to rebell over it..

Whiskey Rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back