Reconfigured chiller, hop-back and aeration set-up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I was having fun with the new camera and took a few brewery glamour shots. I also did a reconfiguration on my chiller set-up.

The chiller is dual zoned (water then glycol), runs into a hop-back/filter, and finally through an inline aeration set-up with an aeration stone.

80bf444a.jpg

Man, that looks like some sorta piston, and some oxygen to help you when lugging all your equipment around. :D

Brewpastor said:
The chiller is dual zoned (water then glycol), runs into a hop-back/filter, and finally through an in-line aeration set-up with an aeration stone.

I'd really need this here in NC now. The tap water has reached 70F. When I was brewing the "Secret Child Of The Night" last night, I had to pitch at 80F. I just couldn't get it lower with the immersion chiller and was way to tired to set-up a post chiller.

Kai

Brewpastor said:
The chiller is dual zoned (water then glycol), runs into a hop-back/filter, and finally through an inline aeration set-up with an aeration stone.
Brewpastor, I was just curious because I am setting up a new chiller w/ an O2 injector and hop back. I thought you wanted your hop back pre-chilling for end of kettle hops? Just a curious question before I hook mine up. If it doesn't matter, I would prefer the hop back as a cold break filter like you have it set up. I just thought you wanted that hot wort to scrub the aromas from the hops so I am having to ask. I mean I know dry hopping works cold, but that is with alcohol to scrub the hops. You r answer would be greatly appreciated. :)

Back