How many of you folks knew this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chairman Cheyco

***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
"The Guinness Book of World Records was originally established to settle drunken arguments in the pubs of Britain and Ireland. This book was the answer to alcohol induced debates that were once only solved through good old fashioned brawls. That is, until 1991, when they banned all alcohol related entries due to fear of litigation. However, the 1979 edition did print these records, which are reproduced below..."

Read on:

http://www.calwineries.com/blog/200...-of-world-records-where-s-the-alcohol-entries

Dats not fu'kin tru attall!! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Da Genouss Buuk of Rekerdz is a lispt of all da recording groups in Dublin...:drunk:

I'm here ta tell ye dat der ain't kno trut to substannciate dat Humpty F'kin Dumpty wer an egg attall!!

Guinness - Never tried it and I don't like it!

"In 1951, Sir Hugh Beaver, then the managing director of the Guinness Brewery, went on a shooting party and became involved in an argument. Which was the fastest game bird in Europe – the golden plover or the grouse? He realized then that a book supplying the answers to this sort of question might prove popular. He was right!"

Funny how you grow up with something and you assume it is much older than it actually is. I knew the basic story, but didn't know it came out several years after I was born.

Back