Where do I buy a Gott cooler in winter ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewman !

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 10 gallon Gott (Rubbermaid). I can't find any because its winter. I live in Calgary. Walmart doesn't have them, nor does Home Depot.

Any idea where I could find them ?

Thanks.

You can order them straight from Rubbermaid. I did and paid what I would have if I bought it at Walmart - Including shipping. I forget if I got a discount - but it was better than pulling my hair out each time I went searching for a ten gallon gott. The only ones I could find in stores were 5 gallons.

Hope this helps.

- WW

Crappy Tire said they don't have and can't get them. They seem to handle Coleman but not Rubbermaid. I tried Home Depot, Walmart, etc. Nothing.

I found one for C$70 at a local hardware store. They sell them to golf courses. I was calling sports stores that cater to team sports like football and soccer and they didn't have them either.

Hopfan said:
You mean you can't find everything you need at Crappy Tire???

Normally yes, but trying to sell bevvy coolers in the winter to Canajuns won't get you an MBA at any university I know of

We have to really chug back the suds when we go out ice fishing. Ya have to drink fast before it freezes.:tank:

Are you dead set on the Gott? Amazon.com has the 50 Qt Igloo Max for $31 USD.

OH, and I remember the Canadian winters well. Used to live in Toronto and traveled to Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary and Winterpeg fairly regularly.

Are you dead set on the Gott? Amazon.com has the 50 Qt Igloo Max for $31 USD.

I'm waffling on square (Igloo cube), round and rectangular. I can get rectangular coolers inexpensively locally, but I'm worried about the bed depth when brewing small batches. Ebay has less expensive Igloo 10 gallon coolers, but shipping is too expensive.

OH, and I remember the Canadian winters well. Used to live in Toronto and traveled to Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary and Winterpeg fairly regularly.

Yeah, but that was probably before global warming hit. We've only had one major snowfall this year. At least this year we will have snow for Christmas ! Provided it doesn't melt next week... It was over 50F here today. Banff gets 30% less snow than it did in the 1970s. But Fernie gets about 50% more !

You could always buy a small cooler for the small batches and the larger for your big brews.

Bummer about the warmer weather. I love the cold. I just hated driving on the de-Scarie during a meltdown.

If you've got Ace hardware in CA they will order them for in store pick up. I'll be picking up 10 gal Gott tomorrow for $47 USD. Tore my hair out looking for a 10 gal. Stopped at 15+ different stores in madison wi area, w/ no luck.

Back