Cherry-Burrell "Corny" kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaba

Reaction score
I just picked up a corny keg. It's made by cherry-burrell and used to contain Seven Up. It's a ball lock and my hoses fit fine on it. It also has a little indentation at the bottom of the keg where the dip tube hits the bottom. I think it will work fine, just curious if anyone else has one of these kegs since it is not one of the normal brands.

Here's a few pics...
Oe5Jk.jpg

hOrPI.jpg

It says "Cherry-Burrell" Econo-Master A3

90E2G.jpg

It also has "Seven Up Bottling Co Inc" "Indianapolis Ind" stamped on it.

None of mine look exactly like this, although several of them have a similar indent.

My LHBS has a few of these among the others they have for sale. I wasn't aware they were rarities.

I dunno about rarities. per se. Rare that they were used for Soda but, Cherry Burrell has long been in the dairy processing industry it seems. What better a vessel than a stainless steel tank eh?

No worries....looks like you're fine if your fittings....um...fit. Cherry Burrell is a good company, they make a lot of NICE triclover stuff.

I have seen, but don't own any, kegs with that racetrack style lid before. Im not sure, but you might need a non standard gasket to fit that lid.

Not usually. That is to say that the standard rings usually fit the racetrack style lids too. But, it never hurts to have a couple spare oversized on hand for those pesky kags.

Not usually. That is to say that the standard rings usually fit the racetrack style lids too. But, it never hurts to have a couple spare oversized on hand for those pesky kags.

Regular orings seem to fit this one just fine. I was reading around and saw that some people say that the new style round o-rings actually give a better seal on these than the original square o-rings that came with them. It had some pressure in it when I got it and everything appears to be in working order. I have a feeling this is a pretty old keg judging by the three letter state abbreviation on it.

Back