cheap pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keep an eye out on craigslist, cabelas, basspro, etc....

basically - turkey frying pots (or crab boil pots) in SS come on sale occassionally...

I found Bass Pro Shops had some great deals on large SS pots. Restaurant supply stores are another good source. I didn't have much luck on Craigslist, but I was in a hurry to get it and didn't have the patience to check for a few weeks to see if one would pop up.

I got a pot that was $55 dollars at a kitchen store, for $15 at Ross, also i would check outlet stores and malls.

Academy has 30 quart Aluminum pots for $20. They had a stainless in about the same size for about $40.

I really stand by Austin Home Brew... they have great service and have great products... Their SS line of pots are pretty affordable and they are great quality. The other option in order to get a good sized SS brew pot for cheap is to get a Keg and cut the top off of it...

Find a stainless steel keg on Craigslist, often you will find them for free. Take it to your nearest high-school metal shop and have the lid cut open and a hole drilled at the bottom.

search youtube.com "make a keggle".

Back