How Beer Saved the World!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Netflix has a great documentary by the discovery channel called, How Beer Saved the World. Has anyone seen this? According to their research, we owe our entire evolution to one accidental discovery... Beer!

Ill have to go home and watch! While youre on Netfilx give 'Beer Wars' a watch. A good explanation of the current three tier distribution system in the US. Cheers!

I think I have it in my queue, I'll have to watch it. Beer really did keep the human race alive in Europe when the drinking water was full of sewage. The history of it is a fascinating story.

I've seen Beer Wars and I get what they were going for, but it's really heavy handed and slanted. I was also irritated with the energy beer woman, you really shouldn't base the entire existence of a brewery on one single beer.

How beer saved the world is really fun. If its the one I'm thinking of, they make beer out of duck pond water full of fecal bactetia to prove a point

Yeah it's pretty cool. They describe how light beer became so popular. During WWI and WWII the breweries started making light beer for the women back home and it just kinda stayed that way. I personally can't stand light beer anymore. It tastes like formaldehyde. Oh well, to each his own. I'll just continue to make my own. Thank you HBT!!!

Yeah it's pretty cool. They describe how light beer became so popular. During WWI and WWII the breweries started making light beer for the women back home and it just kinda stayed that way. I personally can't stand light beer anymore. It tastes like formaldehyde. Oh well, to each his own. I'll just continue to make my own. Thank you HBT!!!

Should I ask how you know what formaldehyde tastes like? :cross:

they talk about acorn beer!:drunk: anybody else wondering how to make this?

THE CAD

Back