Philly area Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been asked to brew a crap-ton of beer for a wedding in May. I'm honored that he thinks my brew is that good, but it'd help my friend out if he could get some de-labelled or other bottles so he doesn't have to shell out $200 for 14 cases at a HBS just for this one event. If anyone have extras, is moving to kegging or anything else, shoot me a PM. One that de-label easily (Sam Adams, SN, etc.) are preferred if labels are still on. Thanks!

Wow, more than underwhelmed with Cyber Monday. Was hopping to pick up 2-3 recipes, carboy, and more. Didn't order anything.

hmmm, I've been scolded by my MIL for not providing a christmas list. Honestly, I'm a grown man, I have all the hb gear I need (unless she wants to fund an actual brewery, I'm not going larger than 10 gal anytime soon), and am able to go get what I need during the year. Hopefully I don't get more gift cards to Home Depot. She didn't like the "I'm just happy to hang out with everyone" response...

Wow, more than underwhelmed with Cyber Monday. Was hopping to pick up 2-3 recipes, carboy, and more. Didn't order anything.

Keystone did 20% off when you order/buy 2 or more ingredients kits... Make sure to Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for the best deals. We post weekly sales on both all the time...

hmmm, I've been scolded by my MIL for not providing a christmas list. Honestly, I'm a grown man, I have all the hb gear I need (unless she wants to fund an actual brewery, I'm not going larger than 10 gal anytime soon), and am able to go get what I need during the year. Hopefully I don't get more gift cards to Home Depot. She didn't like the "I'm just happy to hang out with everyone" response...

The only HB gear on my list this year was a 3bbl bright tank. Think it was out of the price range for most of my family. But I could really use one right about now...

I found a few different sales yesterday, Niko Brew and Yakima Valley had good hop sales. I bought 6.5 lbs of hops for $75 shipped from Yakima, Mosaic, Nelson, Strisslepalt, Centennial, Ahtanum, Nugget.

Hey guys. Just wanted to introduce myself. Seems like the wife and I are gonna be living outside of Philly for a while. Just moved from west Chester to perkiomenville. Been on this side of the state for about 5 years now.
I've. Been brewing for about 6 years now and I am making the transition from extract to all grain this month.

Hey guys. Just wanted to introduce myself. Seems like the wife and I are gonna be living outside of Philly for a while. Just moved from west Chester to perkiomenville. Been on this side of the state for about 5 years now.
I've. Been brewing for about 6 years now and I am making the transition from extract to all grain this month.

Welcome. There is a homebrew club(stoney creek) that meets at abc in Collegeville if you are interested.

That is a tough one for me. I've been to abc three times. Each time it has been a horrid experience and have refused to support them ever since.

That is a good homebrew store. I pretty much get all my recipes from John. He is a great "old-school" Papazian style brewer that is always really relaxed and really promotes simplicity.

I love seeing different guys at Keystone help customers. We have super science guys with PhDs and super relaxed artsy hipsters (that's me). Getting brewing advice is all about who you ask. I love the simple approach. Don't over think things. Making brewing complicated before the brewer is ready can quickly cause them to lose interest by being overwhelmed. I can throw all the science stuff at people if they want it, but 95% of customers aren't really looking for it and aren't ready for it... I've never been to BYOB but I'd love to stop by. Heard nothing but good things.

I go to both stores, and both are pretty hard to beat. John at BYOB helped me get started and was great and just getting folks to keep it simple and make a batch. I still love going there, but go to keystone for other stuff, like large grains orders and ciders.

Anyone ever goto the home brew store in the Quaker town farmers market? It's a fairly small store and cater more to extract than anything it seems. That normally is my goto place surprisingly

Anyone ever goto the home brew store in the Quaker town farmers market? It's a fairly small store and cater more to extract than anything it seems. That normally is my goto place surprisingly

Dan moved his shop out of the Qmart but not far away. He's a good dude. Met him once by chance at Round Guys.

Snow Day! Everybody stay safe. I'll be working at Keystone so if you're feeling courageous stop by and bring us some homebrew! We'll "test" it for you... no, seriously... do it!

When did he move out of qmart. I've been out of the country for a few months but now I'm back. I would bring you some homebrew but the roads are awful and I have a feeling keystone is a good drive away from here

Hurray! More snow and ice! Just finished digging out. Now I'll spend a few hours trying to find the gas leak in my tap system...

Looks like I'm gonna be a busy brewer after Christmas. Here are the recipes I have to brew up:

Double IPA (115 from Northern)
Smoked, Chipolte Porter
Caribou Slobber
Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout
Pale Ale
Kolsh

My keg of West Coast IIPA is nearly kicked. I will taste test my Chimay Blue Clone next week but will age all but 2 bottles another 4 months.

Looking forward to some new toys from Keystone. I gave my wife a list for Christmas.

Anyone know somewhere in the area where I would be able to pick up a used wine barrel?

JJ Maki sold them at one point, also there is some itlian winery in bucks county that sells them, he used to always have ads on Craigslist. I will try to find the name if you can't, think is was gusieppes though

Back