BlowOff Tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiel9868

Reaction score
After 5 days of no fermentation (at all) confirmed by SG (1.069) reading the same as before I pitch the yeast post boil, I re-pitched a batch of the same variety of yeast last night. This morning (9 hrs later) I had massive fermentation and slight blow off through my airlock. When I returned from work (another 10 hrs) my airlock had blown clear off and yeast splattered my ceiling and walls :(

So I developed a simple blow off tube to fix the problem. My concern is this, though there is still steady activity, I am worried that the fermentation process will be cut short because of the blow off and subsequent lost yeast. Would pitching yeast to the 2ndary ferment be necessary?

Your best bet would probably be in the Beginner's section, General Techniques or the General Beer section. If people aren't using the New Posts button, a question in this area can be easily missed. Enjoy that beer!

Back