Which Uber-system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreekGUy

Reaction score
I'm new to the site, and although I'm sure this has been covered, I couldn't find anything in my searches.

Anyone have opions about Sabco's "Brew Magic" v.s. B3's 1550?

I went from enamel pots to coolers to my own 2 tier pump driven 3 keg RIMS system, but it just didn't work well, I won't bore you with the details.

So now I can afford a ridiculously expensive system but can't decide on the two most popular ones out there. I'm leaning towards B3's system for various reasons, but there seem to be a lot of die-hard Brew Magic lovers out there.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!

It certainly is a system with lots of gizmos, RIMS, and such on it. I looked at that system too, and did some searches on it, and found some people that thought the system was a little too cumbersome to use.

That said, I just bought a system from Morebeer.com (1500) with HERMS, and I love it. It is easy to use, is made well, and . . .well, you get the idea. If you want a good beer sculpture/system that is easy to use with good efficiency, check out the sculptures from morebeer.com. . .They also have good customer service.

Good luck.

And let me be the first to welcome you to the forum.

Oh, and I almost bought the 1550 with the step, the tippy-dump thingy, etc. It really isn't necessary, and those options add a lot of cost. I'm perfectly content with my 1500--and I used the money not spent on other frills to get stainless valves, false bottom for the boil kettle, boil diverter, HERMS, etc. I'm more than happy with it. Plus, all of my friends are green with envy. :D

Seems to me go with the one that fits your space/storage needs, If you upgrade the morebeer 1500 stand to include all the bells whistles and functionality of the Sabco.. you are spending the same amount of $$.... For me having a rectangular stand under 4' tall that can bee wheeled in or out of the garage would be better.

I also like the idea of being able to stir the mash without standing on a stool or ladder

I do like the lower profile and mobility of the Brew Magic. But the tippy dump is nice, since duping 50lbs+ of wet grain can be a pain. Plus I used to have converted kegs in the system I built, and they were not that easy to clean. The opening on a traditional kettle has a bigger hole with no lip (of course the lip on a keg is supposed to decrease boil-over potential). The other nice thing is the connectivity with morebeer. I'd really like to get a conical fermentor, they would probably improve my beer more than the rig with the fact there's no racking and you can pump straight from your cfc to the conical. That would really cut down on the possibility of infections.

I know it sounds like I'm a morebeer rep, I guess it's just I'd made up my mind and then saw several posts of people who love their Brew Magic's and didn't want to make an uninformed decision.

Appreciate the input and glad you guys like your systems!

I like the B3 sculptures because of the brewpots. Kegs work okay but the B3 pots are just nicer. You can't go wrong with either system though and asking people thier opinion is like asking if Ford or Chevy is better. Look at the options and buy the one you like.

I agree, buy the one you like, and think will ultimately satisfy your needs and brewing style. I like my B3 system, as it was considerably less expensive than the Brewmagic, and is quite functional, and very upgradeable. :mug:

Just looking for some updated opinions on this issue. I'm buying myself a new brewing set-up for the New Year and would love to hear from owners of B3 sculptures and Brew Magic relating to functionality, ease of cleaning, mobility, consistency, reliability, etc... Essentially, I'm looking for the the highest degree of automation and ease of use.

FreghtTrain,

I am in a similar position and doing the research now. Probably leaning toward the Brewmagic for various reasons (welds v. weldless, evaporation rate on kegs) but there are some pros to the B3 setup as well that I can see (whirlpooling).

Just so you know, Sabco is having free shipping on the BM if you order by the end of the year. I would also be interested in the opinions of others.

Latest posts

Back