Pumpkin Beer Festival - Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
Elysian Brewing Company is hosting their 3rd Annual Pumpkin Beer Festival this month. October 20th, Noon - 10:00pm at their Capitol Hill location and October 27, Noon - 10:00pm at Elysian Fields. I've attended the last two years and it is not to be missed.

Below is last years list of beers brewed by Elysian for the event:

Night Owl Pumpkin Ale
The Great Pumpkin
Dark 0′ the Moon Pumpkin Stout
Purple Pumpkineater Lavender Saison
Pumpkindoppelwiezenbock
Portergeist pumpkin porter
Steamy Hollow California Common Pumpkin Beer

Each year they also cask condition a portion of the Night Owl in a giant pumpkin. Here's a picture from last year's tapping.
Pumpkin.jpeg

They also feature Pumpkin beers from other guest breweries. If you are in the area either of these weekends and like Pumpkin beers, don't miss this event!

I plan on being there as well. The rest of you are invited as well, just take the money you'd spend on brewing equipment and brewing, and splurge on a plane ticket to Seattle. :D

Seattle area HBT'ers unite. Most of us have never met so get your butts down to Elysian this Saturday. McKBrew is making a special trip over from the peninsula and it's bound to be a great time had by all. You are all welcome to come by Naked City Brewing as well and sample my beers (including the barrel aged "Grapes of Wrath") I live within walking distance of Elysian. Hope to see you all there.

Brewtopia, I'll PM you Thursday or Friday and we can figure out when and where to meet, or let me know what works for you. I'll probably catch an early afternoon ferry and ensure my stomach is full before I start drinking beer this time.:drunk:

Anyone else planning on coming down?

See you in a couple hours McKBrew, I pulled some Pumpkin Belgian Dubbel off the fermenter at Stix yesterday for you to try when you get here!:mug:

God, I wish. My wife and I are seriously considering moving to portland or seattle. Never been to that area of the country but have lots of friends out there that rave about it. Cool events like this are making the decision even easier.

Here is the complete beer-list from the event, Brewtopia will be posting pics later. It was a great time, definately worth the trip to Seattle.

(I will try to clean this up and make it more legible later)

pumpkin.JPG

Had a great time at the Pumpkin Beer Fest on Saturday. Her are a few pics.

This year's pumpkin "cask" (Notice the pumpkin cask sitting in the brewery in the background. This will be tapped at the Elysian Fields location next Saturday 10/27)
pumpkin fest 006.jpg

Head brewer Dick Cantwell tapping the pumpkin
pumpkin fest 009.jpg

Dick Cantwell raising a glass of pumpkin cask conditioned Night Owl Pumpkin Ale.
pumpkin fest 012.jpg

Brewtopia and McKBrew enjoying the 14 pumpkin beers available at this year's festival.
pumpkin fest 019.jpg

Don Scheidt (who created the famous "Scheidt List" of Belgian beer bars currently in olllllo's possesion) and Brewtopia at the Pumpkin Beer Fest.
pumpkin fest 029.jpg

For those of you who couldn't make it last Saturday, It's happening again on Saturday 10/27 at the Elysian Fields location next to Qwest Field from noon to 10:00pm.

See you there.

Looks like a blast! I need to get a copy of that list from ollllo. I want to head back to Belgian ASAP and would be nice to know what I was missing out on last time :D

The Pumpkin Festival was definately a great event overall. I learned quite a bit from hanging out with Brewtopia, and some of the industry folks he knows. Probably my biggest weakness overall is picking out certain flavors and associating them with something else, which makes events like these worthwhile to improve my overall informal judging capability. Didn't associate a certain taste with band-aids on a smoke beer until he pointed it out, then it was right in my face.

Ó Flannagáin said:
Looks like a blast! I need to get a copy of that list from ollllo. I want to head back to Belgian ASAP and would be nice to know what I was missing out on last time :D

Have you seen my posts on Antwerp, Brussels and Brugge?
I'll be posting Ghent soon.

When is your trip?

olllllo said:
Have you seen my posts on Antwerp, Brussels and Brugge?
I'll be posting Ghent soon.

When is your trip?

Probably not until 2009, It's about third on the list right now. I spent a llot of time in that area of Europe, but not much time in Belgium. Kind of makes me sad :( Plan on getting back though and doing it right. I do South America at the beginning of next year and I"m sure SWMBO will want us to do something together of her choice after that, so hopefully back to Germany/Belgium following that!

Latest posts

Back