True Brew Bavarian Hefeweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.beer-wine.com/products/true-brew-bavarian-hefeweizen
Does anyone have any reviews of this kit? Before I buy it, I want to know if true brew is generally good.
Thanks Everyone!

haven't tried it myself, but LME can be a bit more susceptible to being stale than DME (and since you're ordering online u don't know how old it is). Also that yeast isn't a true Bavarian Hef yeast but more of an american wheat.

for that price I think you could do better too. piece together the same set from a LHBS should net you at about $35 (ish) for DME and the same hop and a good Bavarian Hef yeast like White labs 300 or WYeast 3068 (unless you honestly prefer an american wheat above a true bavarian hef). + you can use plain ole table sugar lying around the house to carb them.

I've got this in the primary right now. I'm a lover of the hefe, and all the reviews from the NB users were positive. The extract kit is very simple to make.

I also have the NB Hefe kit in the fermenter as we speak. Keeping it around 64-65deg. I hear good things about this one so had to give it a shot.

Another vote for one in the primary right now. I used the Wyeast with mine, and it was very (VERY) active the first three days. After 8 hours I had a clogged air lock - should've gone with a blowoff tube from the start.

Back