Beer in Copenhagen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Nid_Hog

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Denmark for a couple of weeks this summer. Any suggestions about good craft beer in and around Copenhagen?

I was there a few years ago. I can't make any specific recommendations, but beer is big there and there is a lot more variety compared to the rest of Europe. I enjoyed some hoppy beer for the first time in years at the time! but be aware it's like $15 bucks a pint there, the prices in Scandinavia are just nuts!

The two Mikkeller bars in Copenhagen would be the obvious place to start.

Summer shouldn't be so bad but the one at outer Nørrebro can be a real sweatbox. I suggest the one near Vestergade.

Thomas Schøn split with Mikkeller so you might check out his new place, rocket something.

But as for a bar, I suggest Søernes Ølbar, which is located centrally near the lakes.

I am moving back there in June, so maybe we can get a pint.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm going to be in Copenhagen from late June until the end of July, then over to Aarhus for a week or so. Really looking forward to it.

Just wanted to thank you guys for your advice. I spent a month in Copenhagen without going to Aarhus, and I managed to get to a fair number of places. Went to both of the Mikkeler bars, as well as Warpigs, their new joint venture with Three Floyds. All of them were nice, although I think I liked Mikkeler and Friends the best. The BBQ at Warpigs--both pork and beef--wasn't too bad either. I also managed to get to Fermentoren--nice on a quiet night, but usually too crowded with expat college students. The beer at Nørrebro Bryghus was good, but the place was a bit too pricey for me. The best spot was Søernes Ølbar and we ended up going there quite regularly. I'm going to miss it.

The Danish craft beer scene was impressive. Beyond Mikkeler and Nørrebro, we had good beers from To Øl, Flying Couch, Ugly Duck, Amager and a couple of others.

All in all, we had a great time and I came home with a new appreciation for Danish brewing.

Back