New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F0D8B56A-8CB7-40E0-A503-FDB3B854B288.jpeg
Homebrewed Belgian saison

Galaxy/Columbus NEIPA.... definitely one of the best i’ve made!
looks great, brother. that light, straw colored haze is always a good sign. bet that has a little kick of Dank in it too - with all the fruity/juicy IPA's on the market a little DANK is quite refreshing

Just did a photo sesh for the saison/Belgian pale ale hybrid I'm calling "Lemon Party," so of course I'm drinking it.

Pils, rye, and white wheat with Meyer lemon zest and lemon verbena at flameout, co-pitched with Belgian and saison yeasts. I did a writeup here, if anyone is interested.

dsc_0429-1-1.jpg

Not a pint but... West Coast style DIPA hopped like a NEIPA 8.6%. Needs a little more time to clear up hence the tiny glass.
Apollo, Simcoe Cascade kettle additions 11oz
Citra Cascade dry hop 6oz
Being back the West Coast craze that started it all!
20190727_180522.jpeg

IMG_6538.JPG

Mine is on the right! Pretty close but original seems more carbonated where as mine is balanced. May bump up the special B from 2-3%.

A splash of Four Roses Bourbon makes this really shine.

TyGx8hk.jpg

Rye saison aged on Merlot and oak cubes for about 3 months. Subtle pink tint from the merlot. The nose is a lot of oak mixed with your typical belgian saison phenolics. The flavor starts of saison + oak and finishes with the dryness of the merlot.

I'm really sad I only have a few bottles of this beer. I had about 3/4 of a gallon leftover after transferring 5 gallons onto Brett-C and didn't want to waste it. Made this little experiment out of that leftover amount.

NEIPA; already kicked, but took a picture earlier. Came out better last year but still pretty good.

20190725_194404.jpeg

This was a happy accident. mashed really low, 148 for 60 min., short boil of 30 min made this (what I am now calling ) "Meant To Do That, Pale Cream" finish very low at 1.002 for a 6.25% ABV and a really crisp clean, low body afternoon beer. after mowing the lawn serving at about 33F it really hit the spot.

Attachments

• pint1.jpg
    pint1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 55
P2sPlaz.jpg

Kveik rye IPA w/ Citra & Amarillo. 6 days grain to glass and tastes awesome!

Looks good. What was your ferm schedule? I've got an event coming up I'd like turn a citra APA batch around really quickly for with kveik. I've done several batches with kveik hornindal but have pretty much kept my normal fermentation schedule.

Looks good. What was your ferm schedule? I've got an event coming up I'd like turn a citra APA batch around really quickly for with kveik. I've done several batches with kveik hornindal but have pretty much kept my normal fermentation schedule.

I chilled to 100F, closed it up, and let it chill further to 87F overnight. Pitched there and let it free ride in the garage. Got up to around 95F at peak. Finished in like a day and a half.

Back