How long is too long?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleJeepXJ

Ah... Leafy Goodness
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I brewed on 1/30 and the brew reached final gravity about 2 weeks later but I have been out of town and unable to bottle until now. I am planning on bottling tomorrow 3/5. I use priming sugar and do not have the means to force carbonate. Thats 5 weeks in the fermenter... Will my yeast be dead?

I hear it is not the length that matters, more so the girth.

5 weeks in the fermenter, your yeast should be able to carbonate without a problem.

No, you'll be fine. I've done over 6 months in primary without needing to re[yeast and have had no issues. I routinely don't bottle for 4-5 weeks and never had a beer not carb due to that issue.

You'll be fine.

As long as it doesn't come out the other end, you're fine... :eek:

As already mentioned, I wouldn't worry about ~5 weeks on the yeast... I actually have a pub ale brewed on 1/29 that I keep meaning to bottle up, but keep getting interrupted, so I haven't... I plan to [finally] get to it tomorrow... Am I worried? Nope... I'll just prime it and bottle that bad mother up...

Latest posts

Back