Group Buy in Chicago #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I got current speed sheet but I don't see my split for munich. Did I miss that because if so will take pintos

Pinto, hope everything turns out ok!

Any takers on a prepackaged gallon of StarSan? Pinto was in a split with RyanMcl, SIUCubFan, and Schnibbz.

The Czech Saaz split should be ok to proceed. Pinto was in for 2#. Polboy and TheBreweryUnderground had previously said they'd go up to 2lbs each. I can go to 2 as well, if needed.

Pinto was in for 3 split sacks but it looks like Bill has a game plan.

starsan is already accounted for. i'm at the club brewhaus brewing today so I'll do it tonight.

I'm not seeing the split of Crystal 60 between myself and marcusrab on the spreadsheet unless I'm missing it somewhere

Bill has the splits, they should show up eventually in the link... probably when the poor guys eyes recover from spreadsheet hell. He had 9 sacks budgeted as of last night. Thanks again to Bill for doing this.

He had a copy and paste resend/confirmation last night from post #12 so make sure my post is right.

Obviously, Pinto's pediatrist threw a monkeywrench into some of those splits this morning. Bill found a taker for the starsan and we're still a go on the hops.

If one of the Saaz folks who has taken two pounds doesn't need/want two pounds, I'd be happy to take a pound. If that doesn't screw things up too much.

Thanks for all the work, Bill and starman.

I have received conflicting answers on wood chips/spirals as to whether we can order or not. If anyone wants wood chips PM me and I'll try to put it through. No splits on these either. The pricing is pretty affordable for individual pack sizes; and I already have enough splits to manage on the spreadsheet. Thanks.

everything has been entered except for the hops. i'm waiting for Starman to confirm again (i'm OCD) again on the participants. please review your individual portion of the spreadsheet and inform me of any errors...including those in your favor. :)

I'll wait until over the weekend to see if there are errors, *minor* change requests, drop outs (hopefully not) and any other mishaps. on Monday I'll request a quote.

I was informed that 3 of my splits fell through... these being splits on:

Thomas Foster and Sons products:

Crystal 120 - Dark Crystal 2 - TF-DCRY120
Chocolate Malt - TF-CHOC
Brown Malt - TF-BRWN

I am looking for half bag splits on these but would do thirds if multiple people want it.

Thanks Guys.

Chocolate Malt - TF-CHOC
Brown Malt - TF-BRWN

I am looking for half bag splits on these but would do thirds if multiple people want it.

Thanks Guys.

When you say fell through, do you mean people backed out on you and you are stuck with full sacks unless someone steps up to split with you?

Is 5 "you's" in one sentence too many?

Marcusrab said:

Chocolate Malt - TF-CHOC
Brown Malt - TF-BRWN

Thanks Guys.

You will have to wait for the next group buy since there's no more room on this one. Thanks.

Please check your individual portion of the spreadsheet for errors. Thank you.

Pricing on my split #4 is showing full price not half . Also I think I'm doing a third on my c40 split. Not half. Thanks Bill

Pricing on my split #4 is showing full price not half . Also I think I'm doing a third on my c40 split. Not half. Thanks Bill

I corrected the pricing on Split Order #4. Please refer to the Split Order # and not the actual grain. Which Split Order # are you referring to for the crystal 40?

EDIT: I see it now. Starman, who was the third person for SO#4?

Polboy and ryanmcl are the others on the split of crystal 40. Not sure where we stand on split right now. If they drop your in

i talk to ryanmcl yesterday and we all in, its just not updated on docsheet yet

Polboy and ryanmcl are the others on the split of crystal 40. Not sure where we stand on split right now. If they drop your in

so the crystal 40 is a 3 way split between inverted, neopol and ryanmcl?

Almost correct Bill, SO#3 C40 should be
Ryanmcl
Polboy (not neopol)
Inverted

**edited to make it look like i'm not :drunk:

Split confirmation sent. Should be same 9 as prior, with sack #10 on standby.

Also, SO#3 already on the spreadsheet needs to have Ryanmcl added so its a 1/3 split between him and Polboy and Inverted.

How are we doing the Czech Saaz? I didn't quite follow the comments on the thread.

so the crystal 40 is a 3 way split between inverted, neopol and ryanmcl?

split order #3 on sack of c40 should be between inverted, ryanmcl and Polboy (thats me, but im after 3 strong homebrews so i may be wrong, but im sure im right, Bill thanks for all the hard work with the spreadsheet and wired forum names)

I appreciate all that Bill & Starman did to make this group buy happen. So, when can we pay & get this ordered?

On Monday I will ask for a quote. Once the quote is received I'll post it online fit everyone to review then we start sending money to me via paypal, cash or check. I will ask everyone who pays via paypal to make sure that the they (the sender) pays the transaction fee. The order total is over $4,000. That fees on this amount are significant and I am not getting stuck paying them. Thanks.

I know I sound like a broken record but please check your portion of the spreadsheet. Thanks.

bill, I highly suggest doing the chase person to person method. Most people on the last buy did that and it involves no fee.

Also, if there is anyone out there that is getting a sack of munich and would like to split it instead of taking the whole thing, let me know.

Wernerherzog said:
bill, I highly suggest doing the chase person to person method. Most people on the last buy did that and it involves no fee.

The problem is that I don't have a chase account...

I don't think its very long Wagz -typically a few days. The quickest way to get grain in hand is to make sure we all pay up ASAP once Bill gets the final quote back.

My order looks great Bill! To anyone double checking price extensions, don't forget that 25KG = 55.12lbs Damn metric system.

Starman's Silverado NW Burb Grain Shuttle should have room for a max of ~23 bags for those wishing to skip the beautiful traffic. I'm right off the Rt14 Northwest Highway exit from Rt53.

Starman (4 sacks)
Ryanmcl (4.83 sacks)
Sathington Willoby (4.5 sacks)
Inverted (3.83 sacks)

That leaves room for about 6 sacks more. Also, be advised I'll probably take some gratuitous trophy hunter type photos of your grain loaded in my truck.

Thanks for doing the hauling starman. I think I'm supposed to be grabbing inverted's grain to bring out to my place too, so that would be another 3.83 sacks in your truck. I'll let you know for sure after I hear back from him.

I will be driving from the south side of Chicago and i dont mind to haul few bags for someone living close to me if you dont want to drive all the way to the north

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back