Oregon Fruit Puree???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grancru

Reaction score
I am about to make a 15 gal. batch of Raspberry Melomel (Bronze Medal winner at 2010 Great Arizona Homebrew Competition) using 6 3 lb cans Oregon Fruit puree.

I was thinking about using 3 cans in the primary and 3 cans in the secondary. Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions or thoughts?

Made a (5 gallon batch of) raspberry wheat once using one can of Oregon raspberry puree in primary. Didn't have much of a raspberry taste at all when done. Next time I'll add it to secondary.

Can tell you if you haven't used it before don't pour it in secondary and then just rack on top of it. It will not mix up at all. I have only used it once and that's what I did. Perhaps mix it with sterlie water to thin it out or something like that.

I made 5 gals with this puree in the primary and it was fantastic. Only 1 bottle left.
I thought I would bump up the raspberry flavor a bit this time. Using this recipe (Xs 5) I think I will ferment the honey and then put all the remaining items in the secondary for a few weeks.

7.5 lbs clover honey
24 oz. fresh raspberries (substitute with 2 - 3lb cans of Oregon puree per 5 gals)
4 lemons, juice of
4 limes, juice of
1/2 cup brewed earl grey tea
Lavlin D47 yeast
staggered nutrient addition (see hightest's FAQs)

Any thoughts?

Sorry, I haven't responded to this, as it's based on my recipe...

I haven't used the Oregon puree, but have wanted to! Please keep us all posted...

Back