Airlock Fell Off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockweezy

Reaction score
My airlock fell off over the weekend while my roommate was doing ice changes for my water bath. I immediately put it back on when I got home. Fermentation had already been done for like two weeks. What are the chances that my beer is contaminated? I will keg carb and test regardless, but I want to be ready for disappointment.

You'll be fine....worse things have happened to most of us than knocking out an airlock, and our beers have turned out fine...you beer is MUCH HARDIER than you think it is.

Read this and you will see that what you did was minor compared to some of the things we've done, yet our beer has survived.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/wh...where-your-beer-still-turned-out-great-96780/

If your beer is pushing out co2, then nothing can get in that little teeeeeennnnnyyyyyy Tiiiinnnnyyyyy grommet hole....

I had a Amber Beer I brewed where my daughter took the airlock off for 6 to 30 hours (not sure on the total time). Brewed another batch the next week same ingredients and everyone liked the first one better.

Back