Non carbonated, not "cold" beer style?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badmajon

Reaction score
It's winter, and as much as I like beer, I find myself turning more frequently to wine to drink on these cold nights. So it got me wondering, is there such thing as a non-carbonated style of beer that is high ABV like wine, and meant to be served near room temperature?

Nobody? Weird.

Anyway, it begs the question- why must the alcoholic beverage derived from grain necessarily be carbonated and served cold? Why not a barleywine which is served like grape wine?

Barleywines aren't particularly all the carbed to begin with, in fact some have almost no carb to them at all. Nor are they served all that cold, they tend to benefit from being served > 50 degrees, even room temp.

It's winter, and as much as I like beer, I find myself turning more frequently to wine to drink on these cold nights. So it got me wondering, is there such thing as a non-carbonated style of beer that is high ABV like wine, and meant to be served near room temperature?
There are many styles that are served warm and even hot if you wish like Daleside Moroccan Ale ... just search the styles and you may be drinking beer once again really soon

Some lambics and other sours can be almost flat, but they aren't typically too high in ABV. Also, they can give you wine-like flavors. That said, they do take some time to condition.

Back