What did Santa bring you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kh54s10 said:
Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels.

I kind of know what to do now maybe I will learn why to do it.

+1. Awesome book. The nice thing about it is that he explains why these beers are the way they are, and the way he explains how _____% of 2nd round/finalist/Award winning brews employ the techniques and ingredients they do. A definite must-read in my opinion.

Also got a copy of Brewing Better Beer by Gordon Strong... and a big 'ole box from Hickory Farms.

A new keggle, some glassware and a case of New Glarus, spotted cow.

image-3913844169.jpg

No homebrewing stuff, but I may get an AHA membership with some money I received.

I did get 1 case of 3Floyds Zombie Dust and another case of mixed 6 packs, so between that and the homebrew I'm set for a few months!

dstranger99 said:
Once you use that Vinator with your bottle tree, you'll wonder why you never had one until now........

I've been borrowing a friends every time I have to bottle so I know how awesome they are. Stoked to have one of my own.

Didn't need much brewing stuff but I got 4 lbs of hops, a nice pint glass, a beer book about Portland, and this awesome non beer present.

image-4292324339.jpg

Well, don't know what happened to the first line of the last post, but... I got a Brewers Precision Tool Kit from BrewHardware.com, this is a trifecta. A thermometer, scale, and...

ButcherBoy said:
a refractometer! WooHoo! can't wait to use these on the next brew day!

Another 44 liter(11.6 gallon) plastic fermenter and a 15 gallon Demijohn which means now I only have to fill each fermenter twice a year to hit my limit. I only ferment 10%+ beers in glass so with the demi and my existing 6.5 glass carboys I can have 2 - 10 gallon batches going at once. WOOT!!!

The plastic carboys are the ones from Homebrew Heaven. Only place I can find them. I use them quite a bit with no problems.

Having a birthday near Christmas has its benefits. I got a 8ft freezer and a Johnson A419 temp controller for my keezer project. I also got the IPA book and Radical Brewing. Finally I got some more glassware, can never have enough of that. I also got some wool socks, and anyone who's brewed outside in a Minnesota Winter will tell you that's a brewing requirement.

With the cash I got for my birthday I might just buy a third tap setup to get all 3 kegs going.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Had a great year..... santa brought me a dual probe remote thermometer, a nice digital scale, a corona mill and a stocking full of 1oz hops packets......all different

I'm very happy. I got two books, how to brew 3 ed, and designing great beers. Also I got a refractometer! So ready for brewing!

propane burner/stand
30 quart boil pot
long thermometer

tumblers
stainless steel scotch rocks
Macullan 12 yr single malt

some Bragot from back east

Edit: I also got myself a kegging system, but I have had that for about 5 weeks as I needed it early

Not exactly brewing related, but definitely a nice addition. Not sure what I did to deserve it, but definitely a welcome addition to the outdoor cooking toolbox. Thanks mom and dad.

Even nicer, no learning curve. My folks and several friends/relatives have identical grills. I did enjoy a nice pale ale while assembling it.

image-1424276457.jpg

image-293432865.jpg

SWMBO got me two brand new 6gal BB, a new subscript for BYO and a first time membership to AHA. I also got a Bully Porter T-Shirt from Boulevard Brewery. All in All a great Christmas.

Santa brought me a new triple tap Co2 manifold for the converted triple tap Beermeister, along with a nice gift card from Northern Brewer... Still not sure what to get!?!???!!

I received a couple corny kegs, a beer gun, a case of Belgian glasses, and a $100 gift certificate to my LHBS. Oh and some wool socks.

Got some misc parts from Brew Hardware, BLAM, New Brewing Lager Beer, another large fermenter bucket, about $100 in gift cards to my LHBS, and a Surly Furious AG kit from NB (since I can't get Surly brews in MI, I figured I'd just make this one myself). Also got $100 in cash that I'll probably spend on fittings and other small stuff @ Brew Hardware, and a duplicate Dremel that I'll exchange at HD for a toolbox and some electrical stuff to mount my new Chugger pump (the pump was my Christmas gift to myself). Awesome gifts this year!

modenacart said:
Sweet, a paddle. "did you get spanked much as a kid?"

"As a kid, no."

I'll let you know if SWMBO is up for a paddling.

Other than a Flyers beer glass, that was the only beer related item I got this year.

Much more photography related Christmas - 6 rolls of Kodak TMAX, a pair of books, spare memory card for the digital, rocket blower, and a film scanner.

I'm really pretty set with brewing at least for what we'd spend on each other right now. Conicals would be sweet as I'm rarely brewing anything other than 11-13 gallon batches on the eHERMS, I have a fridge and three Perlick 575SS faucets to install and a side by side fermentation chamber.

Brewing is a blast, but I've been spending copious amounts of time point cameras at my almost three year old and 5 month old.

Brewed last Sunday and will be again this Sunday.

I got ammo for xmas. Still trying to decide who's brewing gifts i'm going to take! muahahaha. just kidding (did get ammo, but no stealing). Hope everyones kegs are full and ready for a happy new year!
:mug:

I got a refractometer, which I purchased for myself, and a cool ODell Brewing shirt. My in-laws got me a personalized Brew Haus hat. It's absolutely hideous. I'm convinced they really do hate me.

I received a copy of "The Joy of Homebrewing" and a starter kit (equipment) from Brewmasters Warehouse and the promise that I could go this weekend and pick up the ingredients for the first brew.

My beer related gifts were $200 northern brewer gc (using for monster mill), brewing classic styles, tasting beer, northern brewer tee shirt and wool hat and canvas bag from my parents. My wife got me a ball lock keg and stir plate. In laws got me a cool wooden 6 pack holder.

Santa brought me:

A nice 5 gallon starter kit
An amber ale ingredient kit
The complete joy of homebrewing

He also negotiated some kind of agreement with my wife about giving me some time to brew. What a guy!

SWMBO got me a two-keg rig with a filter kit, my daughter got me a capper and my son picked me up a bottle tree..! Got an awesome, supportive family..!

Nice gifts indeed and great family. :mug: Now all you need for bottling day is a Vinator and you'll be set. All combined makes bottling day a breeze.

Leadgolem said:
Usually it's ok. It's what happens when you have lots of family member who don't really get along stuck with each other for hours, and an open bar... It was just worse then usual this year.

Ahh the Mexican family get together is always a great time for people watching. I can sort of understand why my grandma watches her Mexican soaps. Haha

My SO got me a Champagne Floor Corker and all but told me that she is getting me a turkey frier for my birthday (February). I really have to marry this one!

The parents got me a pair of books on making wines.

Back