Why Today is NOT a Good Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLinNH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Woke up a 0600 to get the Brew Day started. Wife is gone with my 6 yr. old Son to Hockey. I have my 4 tr. old Daughter Helping me. Everything was prepped last Night. HLT Filled, check. Mash Tun Put together, Check. Now, this morning, pre heat the mash Tun with Boiling Water and proceed to dump Boiling Water on Bare Foot, Check...:mad: While I am on the gound wondering how the hell that Happened and surveying the injuries, I notice that my Mash Tun is leaking.:mad: WTF!!! So, the Brew Day has been cancelled as I will be calling my Dr. and asking him what to do about an Open Burn wound that is leaking fluid. Also, I am tired of my leaky Cooler/Mash Tun and am in the Market for a new one. But that's another thread.

Damnit this PISSES ME OFF!!! I have the Grains Milled and ready to go. The Starter is Bubbling away and I was looking forward to this Red Ale. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT!!! Did I mention the Pain in my Foot/Ankle?

get some vicodin, some duct tape and some gauze pads. eat the vicodin, wrap the gauze pad and half of the duct tape around foot. wrap other half of duct tape around leaky mash tun. brew away. just keep the 4 yr old away from the mash tun. and the vicodin.

Sorry to hear about your foot, but saftey first and get that foot tended too. You can always brew again but you only have two feet so take good care of them and I hope you recover quickly, Brew on.

For a little humor... I hope yours doesn't leak like mine. I have forgotten to close the valve before adding water and of course hot water pours out.. On me! :)

Note to self. Close valve on HLT and MLT before adding water. :)

Wife is on Her way home to pick up her dumb Husband to bring him to the Dr.'s Office...:eek: Wow, this Burn is getting to look pretty Funky. Gonna have to take some pics for you guys.

ttiwwop.gif

The contact time with the boiling water couldn't have been long, I'd guess at worse it's a second degree burn...no reason to go to the doctor and definitely no reason to cancel a brew day! Now in a couple weeks you're going to start another thread that says your pipeline is drying up :)

Back