• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Temperature Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, had a feeling you were looking for a Ranco-ish type one. Well, it is available if any one wants it.

I'm looking for something like this temperature controller

If you are looking for a more plug and play type temp controller I would suggest any of these three: Johnson A419 (digital), Johnson analog (which you posted) and the Ranco ETC 111-000 (digital). These are the three that you see most homebrewers using in addition to Love temp controllers.

I bought a Ranco which is a digital controller and well respected around here. They are rather expensive ~$100 when bought through homebrew shops online or in person. I was able to find one for about $50 and simply have to wire an extension cord to it which is rather simple with tutorials around here.

RANCO ETC-111000 Microprocessor Temperature Control: RANC1 Climate Doctors

Ranco also makes a dual controller for controlling two fermenters. I thought that would be nice but it's essentially the same price as buying two regular Ranco controllers. With two separate controllers you have more flexibility with location and if one breaks you still have the other to rely on.
The Ranco ETC Store

If you are looking for a more plug and play type temp controller I would suggest any of these three: Johnson A419 (digital), Johnson analog (which you posted) and the Ranco ETC 111-000 (digital). These are the three that you see most homebrewers using in addition to Love temp controllers.

I bought a Ranco which is a digital controller and well respected around here. They are rather expensive ~$100 when bought through homebrew shops online or in person. I was able to find one for about $50 and simply have to wire an extension cord to it which is rather simple with tutorials around here.

RANCO ETC-111000 Microprocessor Temperature Control: RANC1 Climate Doctors

Ranco also makes a dual controller for controlling two fermenters. I thought that would be nice but it's essentially the same price as buying two regular Ranco controllers. With two separate controllers you have more flexibility with location and if one breaks you still have the other to rely on.
The Ranco ETC Store

Many Thanks for your exhaustive list!!!

I have a Johnson controller that goes from like -x to 50 degrees. Unfortunately for me it wont suit my purposes as I need at least 65 as the cutoff. $20 shipped and its yours. It DOESNT have the wiring done to it yet, but that is rather simple, and this may be good for lagering as lower temps are req'd.
Let me know
-Me

Latest posts

Back