The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my conversation with my brother last year. I had been bugging him to get the boat back in the water. I knew what the answer was before he replied.

Brother: I took my boat down to the Cape last weekend.

Me: Did it get in the water?

Brother: No. I had a problem with the fuel pump.

Grumpy has a new friend.
4EF5039A-4339-4EF2-9E09-E88B33540E0E.jpeg
E2589729-FE71-4297-BFD6-2AE9CA5AD230.jpeg

Thanks for all the congratulations folks, but it was Spawn 1 (BTW, the winner of the 2016 Masstoberfest Cup) who did all the work. I just get all the glory.

Ok, I suppose her husband did some small part of the work.

But I STILL get all the glory. All is right in the world.

I'm all the way out here in the hinterlands of Wilbraham, without power since 11 last night, hoping all you in the worse-weather regions of the east are still around and your chilling coils and HLTs didn't blow away last night.

We had no power for about 6 hour last night, many broken limbs in yard, etc. Very windy still, no boats, no cell service, sent crew out to work anyway, despite continued high wind they wanted to, and declined my offer of hardhats.

I'll make sure the chipper is running today, we will need it tomorrow. I test fired the main generator before last storm, so far not needed.

BTW, congrats, PTN.

It was already blowing up when I went to bed late last night, I was pretty sure we'd lose power. I was more worried about a tree landing on the house.
My UPS log says we lost power between 4 and 6am here. Everything was back up when we awoke.

1:05, still out here. National Grid hates Wilbraham.

Edit: 2pm power restored, beer gods must be happy because the stir plate with the WY1469 actually started back up without having to reset the stir bar

Edit2: 81 freaking miles an hour in Boston?! Yee gadzooks.
Untitled.5.png

Last edited:
Had to run over to Natick and saw a lot of trees/big branches down with cleanup crews all over the place.
Is there any money in pine needles? Because I'm rich if there is :D

Had to run into Cambridge this morning and beheld the throngs of rowers and spectators turned out for The Head Of The Charles event.

They finally got a glorious day for it for a change, and between the tree colors and all of the rowing club houses dressed up in full regalia on a bright blue day it was quite the sight...

Back