Syracuse, NY area - Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expressed interest in the last group buy but couldn't get my money in order in time. I have suscribed to the thread and will definitely be ready to put money down for two sacks of grain if/when round 3 goes

Yeah I was wondering what happened - I PMed you a couple times and then thought... BigBrew went AWOL ha. Looks like I number is creeping up past 10 sacks...

Is there an estimated timeframe for round 3?? Im in ROC and a few of us are interested in probably 1/2 dozen bags when the order is going to happpen.

If you guys are looking at 6 bags, it looks like we are likely in the 16-18 bag range (need 42).

Round three will start up once we get general interest for around 35 bags. i.e. when the interest develops, round three will take root.

As always ill be in. When the interest developes let me know. Id also like to put something together for all of us on a 6 pack swap of beers if anyones interested upon grain pickup.

Ive got a 6 mixer of a vanilla stout, cocoa stout, imperial vanilla porter, torpedo ipa clone, irish red ale, american light ale, porter.....ik thats 7 i just cant gurantee which 6 will be left by then....if left any

Ive got a 6 mixer of a vanilla stout, cocoa stout, imperial vanilla porter, torpedo ipa clone, irish red ale, american light ale, porter.....ik thats 7 i just cant gurantee which 6 will be left by then....if left any

I would be interested! I am in your boat though - not sure how much variety will be left - right now I have a good amount though :mug:

Then we need people to drum up interest so we can. Either way put a 6 aside cidah ill do a swap with you. Ill put one aside this weekend for ya

Nice! I always like when the hops slap back. Is your Torpedo drinkable yet? If yest let me know what you think - I bet it is still a bit green. I did 3 weeks in primary, 10 days dry hop 3 days carb.

im interested in a 6 pack swap.. i have three brews in fermenters right now... another 4 this month and next going in... (brewing every weekend from here on out until june)

right now i have to put a few in bottles is (all these right now ill keep 2-3 bottles off to the side until we swap.)

bavaian hefe (almost gone really have to bottle a few)
brown ale
yoopers dfh 60
ed worts haus ale

Soon:
smoked rye ipa (feeler recipe)
yoopers house ale
summer ale
squeeze my lemon summer ale

Carbing torpedo, american light and irish red this weekend hen botteling with bier munchers setup. I cant wait to do the stone. Hey rust how is yoopers dfh60. I want to do it and now i got the hops so lemme know.

i did it last weekend, so i wont be tasting it for 3 weeks... (i do 3 weeks primary, then 1 week carb) i did it before and it was really good, i changed the recipe a tad this time.. for a little more hops and different malt for the color.

if we do this bottle swap.. ill def put one in a bottle for you.

if you want any of the ones i listed above just let me know and ill put a bottle aside... plus i have a bomber of arrogant bastard clone, to me not similar but its good in its own right.

I'm Good for 2 maybe 3 sacks and would like to get in on a split on some specialties if that is allowed. Keep me posted, I'll keep watching. Again, I'm in the Albany area (originally from Syracuse) and would like to work out the pick up with any other interested people from this area.
Thanks

I'm looking to hook up with some Rochester are people for the next buy. I have an SUV and do the running but with gas prices it's not cost efficient to go just for me.

I'm looking to hook up with some Rochester are people for the next buy. I have an SUV and do the running but with gas prices it's not cost efficient to go just for me.

Yeah, when we are ready I would also be happy to pick up a bunch of the ROC crowd's supplies. I drive a full sized pick up and am out that way for work/social events farily regular so I can usually expense part of if not all of the trip. In any case, we will get it figured out once the order is created.

I am from Canandaigua, i was a part of the last buy, rest assured cidah and everyone else made this as seemless as possible for everyone. Id be happy to help you guys out.with a group run up to get the grain. Saves us all a bunch and what not.

Yeah, when we are ready I would also be happy to pick up a bunch of the ROC crowd's supplies. I drive a full sized pick up and am out that way for work/social events farily regular so I can usually expense part of if not all of the trip. In any case, we will get it figured out once the order is created.

I am from Canandaigua, i was a part of the last buy, rest assured cidah and everyone else made this as seemless as possible for everyone. Id be happy to help you guys out.with a group run up to get the grain. Saves us all a bunch and what not.

I added you guys as buddies so we don't have to search for each other when it's time to buy.

I can start the next round of buying up, just wanted to avoid it becoming a dead thread with 20 bags on it. Did any of you gents find any more buyers?

Cidah please put me on the list. I would be in for ~3 bags and splitting some specialty grains if anyone is interested.

I am new to all grain, my all grain system is being built as we speak. If you could give me some guidance on what grain I would use the most, I would appreciate it.

I like brewing Pale Ales and favored shouts the best.

Edit: I'm sure I will have a better idea of what I need when I read more up on it.

Brehuh, you wil use 2row as a base malt. Also for.most pales there is crystal. Typically either c40 or c60. I use mostly 60. My sierra clone is 7.5 lbs 2row,.5 caramunich and,.5 c60

Id be interested in 1/4 splits of c20/c120.
1/2 white wheat
Rice hulls possibly.

I dont need much im just looking for specialties now. Id be open for others depending on peoples interest.

Cidah please put me on the list. I would be in for ~3 bags and splitting some specialty grains if anyone is interested.

I am new to all grain, my all grain system is being built as we speak. If you could give me some guidance on what grain I would use the most, I would appreciate it.

I like brewing Pale Ales and favored shouts the best.

Edit: I'm sure I will have a better idea of what I need when I read more up on it.

I would definitely get CM-2ROW, CM-PALE to start. Maybe get 2 bags of 2 row. You can always hits the LHBS for your specialties. Maris otter is possibly another good choice if you like the english style brews, but 2-row will let you brew just about anything.

The CM-PALE is supposed to make an awesome Pale ale, and add a little more color and flavor - though I haven't tried it on a pale ale just yet (bought three bags just for that reason). I have used the CM-Pale in a hefe, but it isn't ready yet.

if i get this jury duty next month ill prob be in for a bag of something...

at least ill be getting paid i mean...

I agree with definitely going with 2-row, let's you do about anything. Maris otter, as I'm funding out from the first group buy is great too! Like cidah said, good for English styles or where you want a slight slight bit more color and maybe a bit more of a malt characteristic. I'd go for 2-row, I got CM 2-row, the first time cause it's cheapest. Maybe see if someone wants to split Maris otter with ya. I might be interested for that...possibly. After that, maybe a few split bags for some specialties (like some crystal 40, 60, 80, or 120) and you'll be set to go to experiment on recipes.

Oh yea, P.S. As I've mentioned before, I'm located in Albany, so if anyone else in Albany or the nearby VT area wants in, I don't mind picking up for just a slight split on gas m

OK so here is what I am going to do - we can open this next round up. However it might take a while to fill, but we can give it a shot (and my crazy ass doesn't need any grain right now :)

ROUND 3 OPEN:

Post your bags of grain and we will just keep adding on until we get there.

If you posted interest before - you need to post an ACTUAL buy now.

Current bags 0
Need 42

Check current status and how to estimate price, pay and pickup information at this link (click here)

This is almost 600 posts in. Thoughts on a new thread for each buy?

Ha - I was just thinking that, the only reason I haven't is... people subscribed to this one and watch it for the ordering. Maybe I will add a new thread, but for now post up on this one.

Back