Any Interest In 2nd Annual Michigan Predators' Brewday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
With the announcement of Yooper's Troll-Brewery Tour in mid September, I am asking about the interest level in having another Brewday at my place.

It would be on a Saturday or Sunday, although events of this nature, with traveling across the state required, would make a Saturday date more desirable. I have ample room for tenting or camping, but limited in-house accommodations for overnighters-and subject to early registration.

Thinking of a similar event to last year, and should weather be uncooperative, we can use my expansive indoor space in the Hobby Shop. You'll want to bring 50% distilled/RO water to brew down to light colors, but an IPA or darker is quite satisfactory with 100% of my well water.

I would expect from last year's overall experience that there may be high interest, but timing and coordination of logistics are going to be critical to allow attendance. Unsure at this point if 11, 18 or 25th, as I am awaiting a reply from Yooper as to her Arrival In Local Area, but if desired, this could be done on any of these dates; though earlier is preferential due to weather.

EDIT: For those that have not previously attended, I ask, for your sake, that you do not bring children, because it just wouldn't be right.

I'd like to come, but I fear my summer of goofing off may be at a close by then. If I don't start getting ready for winter, I'll find out first hand how cold the garage is at night!

But you guys figure out a date and I'll see if I can make it. The only thing that I know for sure going on in Sept is a trip to Chicago to visit the museum and aquarium. Some weekend in the middle.

Oh, and Xiang, it's a good thing Bob is banned, or I'd be really pissed about your signature! :D

And a new signature is born!!!

It's all in good fun. I'm sure Bob could appreciate that. But I can't believe you banned him. Poor Bob. :D

I'd like to come, but I fear my summer of goofing off may be at a close by then. If I don't start getting ready for winter, I'll find out first hand how cold the garage is at night!

But you guys figure out a date and I'll see if I can make it. The only thing that I know for sure going on in Sept is a trip to Chicago to visit the museum and aquarium. Some weekend in the middle.

Blah, blah...... Your going and so is the wife. I have faith in you.

Oh, by the way, make those bacon wrapped shrimp again. ;)

Yeah!!!!! You're kind of famous for that now- it's your signature. Although, the pork loin was equally awesome.

Oh, and those things Z made were great too. And Bob's fish! Oh, and Leon's porketta.

Let's see- I don't cook, and I didn't brew. I ate your food, and had you brew beer for me. My kind of party!

Dang, I'd really like make it out there and put some faces with the names, but my weekend's are packed in Sept. What city are you in?

That's right, I almost forgot about the killer pork loin. Homer, make that too!!! Z's bacon wrapped bbq chestnuts, Leon's porketta and Bob's fish were the bomb. The food at the brew days have rivaled the beers for sure.

Dang, I'd really like make it out there and put some faces with the names, but my weekend's are packed in Sept. What city are you in?

HenryHill is in Perry, just east of Lansing. If you can make it out, it is well worth it.

Well, OK, yeah, the 18th then.

Bring some munchies or some kind of meat, or bowl of salad or smoke something and bring some of your beer to share. Doesn't matter if you brew or not, but check your gear list twice as I may not have what you need.

If anyone needs directions, tell me and tell me where you are coming from and I'll send a Google map.

I don't recall xiang's earlier signature, but since Bob is banned, I guess I can say that the whole "meh, the motor's loaded up from idling all afternoon, I need to open it up", without regard for the relatively forward weight distribution on the pontoon boat, may be directly related to the being blowed-out.

I noticed, I just kept quiet. ;)

"Stop making me laugh or I'm gonna pee my pants!" Wait until this time.

Blah, blah...... Your going and so is the wife. I have faith in you.

Whatever. If you really want me to come you need to come up with some compliments for the wife. I've already got notice that I've done too much playing, especially beer-related, this summer. She doesn't nag, but the subtle hints are becoming less subtle.

But I'll throw it out there and see what she says. I know she had a great time at Yoopers house, so who knows. But that roof vent is not getting installed. The trim in the living room is still sitting in the garage waiting to be cut. Various small repairs on the vehicles... the list goes on and on. Next week is free and clear and I'm already dreading having to do some actual "work" all weekend. Then again, maybe if I get a bunch of it done, I could convince her to go to brewday. If we can work around the kids' birthday trip that is.

And if I go, I'll be sure to bring the shrimp and pork loin. And not cook the loin quite so long. Pork Butt going onto the smoker tonight. I'll have enough time to load the smoker twice with chips before bed, and then I can pull it off just before we leave tomorrow and it should be about right. Between 12 and 15 hours in the smoker!

I also remember someone was going to get the recipe for that Porketta! And I got water chestnuts and bacon ready to try Z's recipe. I just don't know if I can reproduce that sauce!

Whatever. If you really want me to come you need to come up with some compliments for the wife. I've already got notice that I've done too much playing, especially beer-related, this summer. She doesn't nag, but the subtle hints are becoming less subtle.

But I'll throw it out there and see what she says. I know she had a great time at Yoopers house, so who knows. But that roof vent is not getting installed. The trim in the living room is still sitting in the garage waiting to be cut. Various small repairs on the vehicles... the list goes on and on. Next week is free and clear and I'm already dreading having to do some actual "work" all weekend. Then again, maybe if I get a bunch of it done, I could convince her to go to brewday. If we can work around the kids' birthday trip that is.

And if I go, I'll be sure to bring the shrimp and pork loin. And not cook the loin quite so long. Pork Butt going onto the smoker tonight. I'll have enough time to load the smoker twice with chips before bed, and then I can pull it off just before we leave tomorrow and it should be about right. Between 12 and 15 hours in the smoker!

I also remember someone was going to get the recipe for that Porketta! And I got water chestnuts and bacon ready to try Z's recipe. I just don't know if I can reproduce that sauce!

There really isn't a recipe for porketta- it's just "porketta". I can't bring porketta, since we'll be on the road from the 13th. But I will make sure that I can get some to you another time.

What food we bring will have to be something that doesn't require refridgeration so it might not be anything too special!

HenryHill is in Perry, just east of Lansing. If you can make it out, it is well worth it.

That's closer than I thought. For some reason I was thinking the far west side of the state. Ok, now I have to see what I can juggle around schedule-wise. I may be able to make it after all. :tank:

I would like to come -- I'd be coming from the Rockford area. My husband might come with me too.

I'll be a newcomer to your party... I had a Predators brew day at my house in May and it was really fun!

I'll bring something good to eat...I'm not sure what yet...

Oh, good! I'm looking forward to meeting you this time.

HH- can Bob and I call "dibs" on the spare bedroom? He's been convinced that we're coming, and we'll be pulling in around 11 AM or so (probably earlier, since Bob can't sit still). :D

The 18th is the same day as my hog roast party for the Prime Time Brewers. But I think I would rather see you all. Have not seen you all summer.
So put me down, Think I may bring a tent and just stay there this year. We got home really late last year and the wives were not so impressed. :drunk:

The 18th is the same day as my hog roast party for the Prime Time Brewers. But I think I would rather see you all. Have not seen you all summer.
So put me down, Think I may bring a tent and just stay there this year. We got home really late last year and the wives were not so impressed. :drunk:

Oh, Troy, it would be awesome to see you again! I'm glad you can make it. Bob will be happy to meet another one of my "imaginary friends".

hmmm, the 18th...well that is after early goose season closes. If the swmbo will be game i think we'll make it not sure if i'll brew this time though. although that is subject to change since i haven't donw any brewing since april i think. '''

now i need to work on cuinrearview to get him and his wife to come up.

CU will be chained to the big "D" both days that weekend supporting some crap in the warehouse. I am feeling comfortable enough with the AG process to do a brew on the road soon though.

Dammit! Now Troy and Rachael will be coming and I can't make it!

I mentioned to the wife and she said the owner of her place of employment is expecting her to attend a "firefighters competition". They build hydraulic generators and apparently there is some big event and it's pretty much mandatory that the company has some big faces there. My wife is a big face I guess.

I think it sounds like a ton of fun, except the owner is going to be there. He's a decent enough guy if you like arrogant, controlling, jerks!

So personally, I wont' mind going to the firefighters competition, but my wife can't stand hanging out with this old fossil. He has a thing for her too, just like all the other ladies. You would have thought at 70 he'd be done with all of that.

Enough rambling. I just need to support the wife on this one. The company needs her to be there, and we just have to try and have a good time even if the owner is going to be there too. Hopefully I will be able to see the electric "jaws of life" that the company provides power for. (It's called the Liberator).

I'd like to come, but blah, blah, blah.

Yeah, whatever. Hey, she's pretty cool; send her so you can get that work done.

That's closer than I thought. For some reason I was thinking the far west side of the state. Ok, now I have to see what I can juggle around schedule-wise. I may be able to make it after all. :tank:

neovox, you have a PM.

I would like to come -- I'd be coming from the Rockford area. My husband might come with me too.

I'll be a newcomer to your party... I had a Predators brew day at my house in May and it was really fun!

I'll bring something good to eat...I'm not sure what yet...

HotBreakHotel, you have a PM.
Best things are some kinda meat to put on the grill, but even munchies or a salad that is beer compatible work. I'll make another pot of chili from tomatoes and peppers out of the hop garden.

Oh, I forgot all about that! I was laughing so hard that I was thinking I'd NEVER make it up that hill. You had me laughing so much I couldn't even walk! Of course, the beers didn't help. :drunk:

Actually, Z was the lead instigator on that, as usual.

HH- can Bob and I call "dibs" on the spare bedroom? He's been convinced that we're coming, and we'll be pulling in around 11 AM or so (probably earlier, since Bob can't sit still). :D

OK, one bedroom down, one to go. There's an actual bedroom in the basement, too. Bob will enjoy it, and earlier is just fine. I tell people 9AM, just to get them here by 11AM.

Gosh, priority over a pig roast. I'll throw in a breakfast for the overnighters.

Dammit! Now Troy and Rachael will be coming and I can't make it!

I mentioned to the wife and she said the owner of her place of employment is expecting her to attend a "firefighters competition". They build hydraulic generators and apparently there is some big event and it's pretty much mandatory that the company has some big faces there. My wife is a big face I guess.

I think it sounds like a ton of fun, except the owner is going to be there. He's a decent enough guy if you like arrogant, controlling, jerks!

So personally, I wont' mind going to the firefighters competition, but my wife can't stand hanging out with this old fossil. He has a thing for her too, just like all the other ladies. You would have thought at 70 he'd be done with all of that.

Enough rambling. I just need to support the wife on this one. The company needs her to be there, and we just have to try and have a good time even if the owner is going to be there too. Hopefully I will be able to see the electric "jaws of life" that the company provides power for. (It's called the Liberator).

Sucks you and the wife won't be able to make it, but there will be other gatherings. Sounds like her boss could use a sharp nut slap.

Sucks you and the wife won't be able to make it, but there will be other gatherings. Sounds like her boss could use a sharp nut slap.

I beg to differ; in this case an open hand slap would be less preferable to a direct cock punch. It may be merely a matter of technique, but I think you can't go wrong with a good cock punch.

Hey All-

I'm interested in attending and maybe brewing. I don't have many posts under my belt but I have brewed about 40 gallons this summer (paltry I know compared to some of you--but I just started AG on April 30) and I follow the board quite regularly. I'd love to attend and put some faces with names and learn more about brewing.

Thanks,
Dtrain :mug:

Hey All-

I'm interested in attending and maybe brewing. I don't have many posts under my belt but I have brewed about 40 gallons this summer (paltry I know compared to some of you--but I just started AG on April 30) and I follow the board quite regularly. I'd love to attend and put some faces with names and learn more about brewing.

Thanks,

Tell you what- I'm NOT brewing. It's just too far and my car is too small to haul my stuff. But, if you want, you could bring your stuff and I could "help" you brew? I drink, though, so I don't know how helpful I'll be...............:D

Hey, Henry Hill- could you PM me the directions again? I sort of remember where you live but not the exact turn off.

Hey All-

Thanks,

the Dtrain, you have a PM.

Hey All-

Thanks,

Yeah, a paltry amount! :eyeroll (we really need one of these on here! ;) )

That's about what I usually make all year!

Tell you what- I'm NOT brewing. It's just too far and my car is too small to haul my stuff. But, if you want, you could bring your stuff and I could "help" you brew? I drink, though, so I don't know how helpful I'll be...............:D

Don't let her fool you. Last time she said she was going to brew (it was at her house!) and other people ended up doing all the brewing. Let me play psychic and predict that Yooper will be eating, drinking, and chatting. And once in a while wander over and chat with the people brewing. Ok, so I guess this could count as helping brew beer...

Actually, it sounds an awful lot like what I've done the past 2 brewdays! :cross:

I beg to differ; in this case an open hand slap would be less preferable to a direct cock punch. It may be merely a matter of technique, but I think you can't go wrong with a good cock punch.

Trust me, I'm continually amazed that someone hasn't hired out on him at some point in his career!

I think he's actually gotten a bit mellower in his old age. I know he's had some work done, and he probably keeps a large stash of blue pills on hand.

Plus, he's having a new baby very soon! Yep, can't hardly believe it. His hot, 30something trophy wife (number 4 I think?) is expecting. (although if I were him, I'd have a test done when it's born...)

Don't let her fool you. Last time she said she was going to brew (it was at her house!) and other people ended up doing all the brewing. Let me play psychic and predict that Yooper will be eating, drinking, and chatting. And once in a while wander over and chat with the people brewing. Ok, so I guess this could count as helping brew beer...

Actually, it sounds an awful lot like what I've done the past 2 brewdays! :cross:

Well, my "consultation services" could be worth something you know! :D

Besides, I may not brew beer but I am FUNNY!

Thinking I will bring a keg of IPA with us. I might have to pull it from the keezer to ensure that I don't drink all of it before the 18th. Otherwise I can bring an ESB or Yooper's Brew Day Amber. Not sure what the preferred beverage would be (mine is IPA), but all three are good.

I'm considering brewing an Smoked English Barleywine. Would need to pick up some apple wood for the smoker to smoke some Maris Otter. I guess we will see depending on how motivated I am after working 60hrs+.

Also, Heather and I will most likely bring along the tent just in case there is some swinger action going on, jk....... well, not really.

Thinking I will bring a keg of IPA with us. I might have to pull it from the keezer to ensure that I don't drink all of it before the 18th. Otherwise I can bring an ESB or Yooper's Brew Day Amber. Not sure what the preferred beverage would be (mine is IPA), but all three are good.

I'm considering brewing an Smoked English Barleywine. Would need to pick up some apple wood for the smoker to smoke some Maris Otter. I guess we will see depending on how motivated I am after working 60hrs+.

Also, Heather and I will most likely bring along the tent just in case there is some swinger action going on, jk....... well, not really.

way too much info there xiang.....

i'm not even sure as yet what im doing or even if i'll brew, just haven't had the motivation to do it all summer.

Back