New brewery name...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxiderush

Reaction score
I have been thinking of something along the lines of Grubby Mug Brewery. I've been racking my brain and because of that, I've got nothing. I love the sound of Irregular Pulse Brewery, as bad ass as pirates, but not as played out. Theres already a guy here with that user name, so it's not really original, but i like it. I was thinking about incorporating something with the phoenix, i have a trans-am, and it's a great story of rising from the ashes, and a big flaming bird is a great logo. I also like VW's, but i cant just name my brewery after a car. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. I plan on silk screening my logo onto my bottles, so when i have settled on a name, I will probably be bringing my idea to a tattoo artist to sketch up a label i can use.

Any ideas?

Well, it's kind of tough to picture a "grubby mug" unless it's empty; dirt, grime & caked on gunk tend to disappear when there's a background of nut brown ale, or even a golden pale. The phoenix rising from the ashes is a nice idea, and there is some fantastic artwork out there, just do a google image search with the words "rising phoenix" and you'll see what I mean. I'm just wondering what, aside from the car, connects your brewing with the phoenix? I'm not trying to pick nits, but it seems to me that your brewery label should reflect something about you, and/or the brew. Then again, it could be something as simple as you liked the name, or a particular piece of art & wanted to include it in your label.

There are a few entities using the phoenix in their logos: Phoenix, AZ PD comes to mind; as does Ruger firearms. What does the image of the phoenix say about you, or your brew? With PHX PD, it's obvious; with Ruger, I honestly have no clue. I'm not trying to dissuade you from anything, I'm just saying that you might want your brewery name to reflect something about you and/or your brew(s). That's my 2 cents worth. Regards, GF.

i have a trans-am......

....Any ideas?

Smokey and the Bandit Brewery

burt_reynolds.jpg

You could make and East Bound and Down Dubbel, or a Breaker Breaker Brown, or a Smokey Smoked Porter,

:D:D

What about something as simple as Firebird Brewing. . . takes the Phoenix and your car into a pretty cool mix.

Just my $.02

:mug:How about BEER WRENCH BREWING CO.
I'm a mechanic and thought of that one, but still pondering a brewery name. Have a logo with a wrench having a beermug on one end and a box or open end on the otherside. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back