Holiday Brews ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kontreren

Gluten Free Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got three 5 gal. batches that will be in the keg by Christmas. This may stack up to be a great holiday season. In the stocking:

Bourbon Barrel Porter
St. Nicks Holiday Ale
Cream Of Three Crops

Your beers intrigue me,

are they all Gluten Free?

Unfortunately these are not Gluten Free. I am however about to embark on a journey of GF experimentation with beer over the next year. I have 35 lbs of buckwheat; 50 lbs of flaked corn; 15 lbs or sorghum grain; 18 lbs of sorghum syrup; and 10 lbs of something else that escapes me at the moment. I also plan to grab some honey and try my first mead this year. My finding thus far is that GF is a lot like mead (the longer it sits the better it gets). This is also true of some beers. By Christmas my Bourbon Barrel Porter will have been in a bucket for 5 months. My last GF was like a shot of liquor in Sept and by Oct it was as smooth as a babys bottom.

I have read a couple of the Gluten free recipes they have a bunch of sugars in them.

I can understand the "heat" from the alcohol

Do you or a member of your family have celiac's ?

Back