My New Bar and Kegerator Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mc8045

Reaction score
Here is my new setup refinished my dry bar with white wash wood like tile and I installed a kegerator through the wall of my laundry room. I no longer have to bottle a positive for me hate bottling. Now just need to stop my wife from drinking all my beer somehow. Maybe tap locks:mug:

my pictures 033.jpg

my pictures 034.jpg

my pictures 037.jpg

my pictures 038.jpg

my pictures 035.jpg

Wish i would have put a keezer in to start right after i bought the fridge there was a chest frezer on sale i saw for 150 that would have worked awesome and fit 5or 6 corneys but this works fine

Looks great! Do you have a return line at all in that PVC pipe or do you just blow the cold air up into the tap box? Any problems with losing cold through the pipe? Plans on insulating it?

The hose from the blower goes all the way into the box and the air returns down the pvc next to the beer lines and the hose. I am going to put some insilation over the pvc just havent found any that work around me yet, But i dont think it is 100% necessary it isnt really cold to the touch so i dont think im lossing any cold air. I still need to paint the box and put some trim around where i cut the drywall out To finish it off

Cool, so a double wall pipe system. im sure you get a little bit of insulative property just from the coldest air being on the inside. And the beer line is actually on the outside of the inner hose. Theoretically the line would be colder if kept on the inside but probably not a big enough deal to make a difference (and more difficult to plumb).

Im just trying to get a feel for how people do these in-wall tap boxes as its in the works for my bar build!

Thanks for sharing and brew on!

that's nice work buddy!! You have inspired me to 86 my thoughts on moving my system upstairs to my band/pool/karaoke /whatever room to leaving my system where it is and piping it up there. I have been going rounds with wife on having 2 bars in the house(why not) now I have new ideas and everyone wins thank you!!

that's nice work buddy!! You have inspired me to 86 my thoughts on moving my system upstairs to my band/pool/karaoke /whatever room to leaving my system where it is and piping it up there. I have been going rounds with wife on having 2 bars in the house(why not) now I have new ideas and everyone wins thank you!!

Just make sure your not piping it to far. You would need to cool with somthing other than air if you are piping a long way i am only going a few feet so my small fridge with blower works fine. Just do some research first before you get to far into it and are just pouring foam when your done.

Back